Junior Creative Editor
HYPEBEAST – Creative/Design/Production /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 44.6M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, HBX, our e-commerce and retail platform, and Hypemaker, our global agency.
Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
As a Junior Creative Editor, you’ll be working closely with the Creative and Editorial teams to produce engaging content for a number of high-profile clients that will live across Hypebeast’s website and social platforms.
As well as writing thought-provoking articles, the candidate will have a creative eye for visual aesthetics and be plugged into the wider cultural realm which Hypebeast occupies. This person will be forward-thinking and be able to use their own initiative, lending knowledge to collaborate with other departments.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team, working with some of the biggest brands, people and businesses in the world.
- Create engaging commercial content across Hypebeast’s website and social platforms.
- Using Adobe to create commercial social posts.
- Work collaboratively with the Creative team to provide editorial support on campaigns.
- Work closely with Sales and Project Management teams to establish best editorial practices.
- Offering support to the Editorial team for new, exciting ideas for the platform’s growing verticals.
- Have the ability to translate press releases into engaging content in line with Hypebeast’s TOV.
- Have a creative eye for captivating supplied assets that align with Hypebeast’s aesthetic.
- Working with global social media teams to publish content.
- In tune the wider cultural sphere and be able to identify relevant figures in the space.
- Tapped into emerging platforms, people and collectives.
- Knowledge and passion for curating culturally-relevant news across fashion, art, music, design and lifestyle.
- Experience working in a fast-moving media agency or publisher.
- Efficient in Adobe Photoshop and Google suite, such as Docs and Sheets.
- Attention to detail as well as a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to use own initiative to make quick and effective decisions.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with various teams in the business as well as external entities.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your portfolio, cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in London. Candidate must be eligible to work in UK.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.