Hong Kong /
Operations – Finance /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 44.6M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, HBX, our e-commerce and retail platform, and Hypemaker, our global agency.
Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
- Responsible for account payable across overseas office, coordinate with production/creative/e-commerce team regarding the vendor invoices and payments.
- Coordinate & monitor accounting & finance operations & accounts payable.
- Act as point of contact for vendor payments. Prepare weekly (and urgent) payments according to due dates for review.
- Book vendor invoices in the accounting system and handle accounts payable analysis report.
- Ensure all relevant costs are properly documented and are recorded on the cost sheet.
- Handle T&E checking and posting.
- Maintain and update monthly overheads cost accrual.
- Clarify the queries from vendors and operations.
- Review expense reimbursements for staff according to corporate policy, categorise the expenses into appropriate cost centre.
- Book inter-company transactions, compile balance sheet schedules.
- Assist in month-end closing and audit; assist in providing schedules requested by the auditors.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Higher Diploma or above in Accounting or related disciplines.
- Basic accounting knowledge, administrative or bookkeeping experience.
- Solid accounting experience and overseas company and/or retail is a bonus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with good command of English.
- Basic local VAT and tax knowledge is highly preferred.
- Analytical mind, self-motivated with strong numerical sense.
- Proficient in MS Office and accounting softwares; knowledge of Oracle/Netsuite would be an advantage.
- Proficient in online e-Banking would be an added advantage.
- Able to work under pressure and independently.
- Fresh graduates with passion are welcome.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Hong Kong. Candidate must be eligible to work in Hong Kong.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.