Senior Back-End Web Developer (PHP, Go, Python)
Operations – Engineering/Technology
HYPEBEAST was launched in 2005 as a one-stop news source for internet savvy fashion enthusiasts and continues to inform and inspire trendsetters around the world. The growth of HYPEBEAST has seen its focus transcend from its initial roots to encompass all forms of fashion, arts, design and culture. This makes HYPEBEAST a premier network and destination for cultural enthusiasts, tastemakers and influencers alike.
We are looking for passionate, talented developer to join our team. This role will primarily be developing and maintaining features for media and e-commerce platform, including both public facing products and internal tools. This role will require strong communication and problem solving skill.
- Develop, maintain, and support our media and e-commerce platforms, as well as our internal system.
- Build and maintain high availability and horizontal scalable applications.
- Gather user requirements and perform analysis of the requirements.
- Writing clean, maintainable code while rapidly iterating and shipping.
- Explore and lead us to the latest and best development techniques.
- Work closely with other teams to understand their needs and develop develop a solution to fulfill it.
- Work mostly in PHP (Symfony framework) but we also believe in using the right tool for each particular job. Our stack also includes Python, Golang, Node.js, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached, RabbitMQ etc.
- 2 years of experience developing application in PHP or Python with modern MVC framework (eg Symfony, Laravel, Django) is a must.
- Advanced on one of the following languages: PHP, Python or Golang.
- Knowledge of relational and key-value databases (ie. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis).
- Ability to develop high availability and horizontal scalable application.
- Proficiency with version control tool is a must, such as Git.
- Comfortable working in Linux and experience with AWS or similar public cloud service provider is an advantage.
- Strong team player with ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV, and expected salary.
This role is located and based in Hong Kong. Candidate must be eligible to work in Hong Kong.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.