Legal Counsel, B2B2C & Retail
Operations – Legal/Compliance /
Hypebeast is a leading global platform for contemporary culture and lifestyle, and a premier destination for editorially-driven news and commerce. Founded in 2005, it became a publicly listed media company in 2016, and today boasts a global readership across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and more. The Group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, creative agency Hypemaker, and e-commerce and retail platform HBX.
As counsel dedicated to support Hypebeast’s ecommerce, retail and distribution business units, you will not only work closely with sourcing professionals within procurement, logistics, warehousing and operations, retail, but you will also work alongside support functions such as finance, IT, marketing, to support business growth and aimed achievements. Your scope will not be limited to commercial drafting, but it will also involve legal negotiations and conducting analysis on a wide variety of matters related to B2B2C, retail operations, logistics and custom clearance, with KYC and due diligence also required from time to time.
As part of Hypebeast’s drive for dynamics, you will work closely with other legal counsels to collectively support on the achievement of business goals, whilst simultaneously ensure management and mitigation of business risks are constantly identified and maintained.
- Develop and provide strategic advice and recommendation to relevant business units and support functions collaborating or involved, including finance, operations, retail, marketing.
- Develop best practices on procurement frameworks, vendor conduct and management, KYC and due diligence, adherence to usual industry practices.
- Support on marketing related activities involving Hypebeast (as a brand) and its distribution units, including conducting legal research, examining jurisdictional limitations and cross-border advertising requirements to ensure marketing contents are properly & compliantly distributed.
- Collaborate with other legal counsels to continuously monitor and develop risk management recommendations to help enhance group risk mitigation and inherent impact.
- Remain up to date on legal industry requirements and regulations related to practice.
- Support on ad hoc projects which may or may not be related to practice.
- Qualified lawyer in commonwealth jurisdiction.
- At least 3 years PQE.
- Prior legal exposure in dealing with matters linked to B2B2C and retail experience required.
- Ability to work swiftly and accurately under pressure and time constraints.
- Strong analytical skills and able to formulate decisions and judgments with business acumen.
- Strong sense of team work, transparency and maintenance of legal integrity.
- Willing to work independent and collaboratively with other colleagues.
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English is mandatory; Chinese is a plus. Any other language(s) will be considered a bonus.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Singapore. Candidate must be eligible to work in Singapore
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.