Director of Insights (HYPEMIND)
New York /
HYPEMIND (Insights) – Operations/Executives /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 44.6M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, HBX, our e-commerce and retail platform, and Hypemaker, our global agency. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
Hypebeast is seeking a seasoned, enterprising trusted advisor as a leader to oversee our insights initiative and develop HYPEMIND into a thought leader in the fashion and cultural industries. As the Director of Insights, you will strategise, develop, and implement plans for insights products and client engagement services and grow the unit into a leading insights and research agency.
As a “playing coach”, you are expected to work with clients to understand their challenges, provide recommendations and solutions while you work toward the development of HYPEMIND. The mission of HYPEMIND is to be the ultimate strategic thought partner for any organisations seeking foresights, ideas, and advisory in how to influence culture, create game-changers, and maintain relevance in the global consumer markets.
- The duties can be separated into three main parts.
- Lead the development of insights generation and engagement practice to drive growth.
- Work independently or collaboratively with sales and partnership leaders to develop and foster relationships with clients.
- Develop custom insights offers, including but not limited to, focus groups, surveys, ethnographic studies, and integrated consulting solutions.
- Create long-range strategy and plans for the unit in conjunction with senior leadership inline with corporate objectives and relevant KPIs.
- Design processes that will enable clients to adopt a growing portfolio of insights services and/or related professional service offerings from other business units.
- Manage budget, P&L, and other program-related financial issues pertaining to HYPEMIND.
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a team of analysts and associates for custom projects.
- Lead large-scale client projects and manage multiple custom projects concurrently.
- Create thought leadership content (e.g., white paper) and showcase the insights and analytical competence and capabilities of HYPEMIND.
- Work closely with Data team, Editorial team, and relevant units to productise insights and analytics; test products with interested clients.
- Support the development of user/member panels-related offerings and devise primary data collection strategies at a systematic level.
- Contribute to the development of insights and analytical models as needed.
- Engage directly with clients to understand their business needs/challenges and convert needs/challenges into project scope, testable hypotheses, and proposals.
- Design methods and execute studies that could be both qualitative and quantitative in nature.
- Use a combination of primary research data, client data, and/or proprietary first-party data to perform analysis, test hypotheses, and derive insights in order to drive recommendations.
- Develop storylines and narratives for findings in order to deliver effective and high quality client presentations and reports.
- Manage client satisfaction and expectations to ensure service standards and limit scope creep.
Advisory and services development
Insights and project leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field with a quantitative focus (Statistics, Data Science). MBA or equivalent is a strong plus.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in a management or insights consulting environment with at least 2 years in a people management role.
- Demonstrated experience in building a consulting practice or deliver on insights-driven services at a senior level.
- Exceptional qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Strong track record of client engagement and proven ability to diagnose client needs and frame business issues.
- Demonstrated ability to produce thought leadership material.
- Deep project management skills with an ability to manage complex consulting projects while interfacing with senior personnels.
- Proficient with analytical tools such as R, SPSS, SAS, or Excel.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Experience working with brands, categories, or verticals covered by HYPEBEAST and passionate about cultural industries is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset is also nice to have.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in New York. Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.