HYPEMAKER (Agency) – Creative/Design/Production /
HYPEMAKER is a global agency providing total creative solutions for a diverse set of verticals in fashion, lifestyle, automotive, tech, FMCG and more. From ideation, content amplification, creative production and consumer insight, brands also have access to Hypebeast’s global distribution network of over 10.5 million readers per month and 10 million social media followers worldwide.
We are looking for highly-motivated Senior Creatives for HYPEBEAST. The ideal candidate needs to have a proven track record of leading projects, working together with and guiding more junior creatives, responding to creative proposals with high-level creative ideas, working on live productions and developing internal projects within a faced-paced agency and/or media environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team, working with some of the best brands in the world.
The Ideal candidates:
- You have excellent creative concepting and communication skills
- You are an experienced problem-solver that can think out-of-the-box
- You are detail-oriented with strong time management skills
- You are solutions focused, with the ability to manage internal and external expectations
- You are a challenger who is always looking to exceed desired results
- Working closely with Junior, Mid-Weight and other Senior Creatives, overseen by your Associate Creative Director, to identify insights and define the creative approach for brands
- Guide the more junior team members on ideation and be a point of contact for your ACD to provide status updates on projects.
- Answer creative briefs with innovative thinking and solutions and present these in cohesive, visually enticing presentations to both internal team members and clients.
- Display a solid understanding of creative and production processes and work proactively - facilitating conversations between team members, and considering how we can make the work even better at each stage.
- You are a strong, conceptual and strategic thinker who knows their strengths and where to call in experts from other disciplines. You might be ‘an expert’ in one or more specific disciplines, or a more seasoned ‘jack of all trades’.
- Understand design, art direction, strategic and copywriting processes alongside production stages - from pitch to creative development, pre-production, production, post-production and delivery.
- Working alongside our production team to lead scouting talent and briefing talent during pre-production, as well as provide creative and art direction on productions/on set.
- Researching relevant industry and consumer trends and present your finding to the wider team.
- Take the time to understand every aspect of the client’s brief; you show a real passion for their brand and the industry.
- Identify and solve problems before your Associate Creative Director or clients do. When highlighting a problem, you always have a view of what a solution might be with your clients brand and contemporary culture front of mind. You talk solutions, not problems.
- Display strong working relationships with your wider team – you are a central cog and a vital part of the everyday operation.
- Effective time management is essential. You ensure that you are delivering work on time and are conscientious with deadlines, being able to guide the rest of the team members on best practice.
- You are positive, proactive and solutions-driven – always thinking one step ahead.
- 5+ years of experience within the advertising or media industry working in a creative role, e.g Designer, Art Director, Copywriter, Creative Strategist.
- Some experience managing more junior team members.
- Understanding of Pitch, Creative and Production processes.
- A strategic and analytical way of assessing your own work, that of more junior team members, as well as client briefs.
- A strong eye for design, imagery, storytelling and talent selection.
- A deep understanding of HYPEBEAST culture.
- Attention to detail, thorough, accountable.
- Problem solving, analytical skills and resourcefulness.
- Able to work independently and effectively is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills over email and phone, including presenting to clients.
- Proficient in Keynote for developing both internal and client presentations.
- Understanding of design processes and how to brief graphic/motion/3D designers is key, design skills will be a useful bonus.
- Highly organized and able to manage and lead multiple projects at a time.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your portfolio, cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in London. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.