DevOps Engineer/Server Administrator
Operations – Engineering/Technology
HYPEBEAST was launched in 2005 as an one-stop news source for internet savvy fashion enthusiasts and continues to inform and inspire trendsetters around the world. The growth of HYPEBEAST has seen its focus transcend from its initial roots to encompass all forms of fashion, arts, design and culture, including women’s fashion and trend site POPBEE and HYPEBAE, the online destination for contemporary music. This makes HYPEBEAST a premier network and destination for cultural enthusiasts, tastemakers and influencers alike.
- Responsible for the administration of Linux-based systems (Ubuntu) on AWS.
- Design and implement monitoring and fault detection and recovery strategies.
- Manage configuration changes and roll-outs with Ansible.
- Manage container orchestration system with Kubernetes.
- Run software like Nginx, PHP, MariaDB/MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch in production quality.
- Actively contribute towards bottleneck diagnosis and performance optimization.
- Work closely together with the developers on performance, scalability and operability.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration.
- Hands-on experience with building, maintaining, and scaling infrastructure using AWS services including EC2, RDS, Auto-Scaling Groups, ELB, ALB etc.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible or an equivalent.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with database administration using MySQL/MariaDB.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services to resolve problems (eg: Varnish).
- Knowledge of best practices for server administration including security.
- Knowledge of basic web development technologies (eg: HTTP protocol, PHP-FPM, security).
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV, and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Hong Kong. Candidate must be eligible to work in Hong Kong.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.