Event Producer (1-year contract)
Hong Kong /
HYPEBEAST – Creative/Design/Production /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 40.5M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, e-commerce store HBX and agency HYPEMAKER. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
The Event Producer is responsible for overseeing all aspects of event planning and production, from concept development to execution. They work closely with internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure the success of the Event. The Event Producer manages a team of coordinators, vendors, and support staff to ensure the seamless execution of the Event.
- Develop event concepts and strategies in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that identify all deliverables, milestones, and required tasks, and assign responsibility for each task to a specific team member or vendor.
- Develop event budgets and timelines and manage expenses throughout the event planning process.
- Source and negotiate contracts with vendors, including food and beverage, entertainment, and equipment.
- Oversee event logistics, including venue selection, transportation, and lodging.
- Develop and execute event marketing plans to promote the event to target audiences.
- Manage event registration and ticket sales, as well as any pre- and post-festival communications.
- Manage festival staff, including coordinators, vendors, and support staff, and delegate responsibilities as needed.
- Completing production itineraries and risk assessments where relevant.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and health and safety requirements; troubleshooting issues as and when they arise.
- Overseeing all aspects of event production; including everything from pre-planning through on-site execution and post-event wrap-up, evaluations and provide recommendations for future event.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all event stakeholders, including but not limited to: clients, venue staff, caterers, audio/visual providers, and security.
- Provide support to other team members during the production of events and projects.
- Solid experience working as a Producer/Project Manager within an events agency and ideally have extensive event management experience.
- Experience in managing events on the ground, running a team on the ground.
- Experience managing large-scale events with the ability to meet deadlines.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in event planning and production.
- Excellent command in written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator design program experience a benefit.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Hong Kong. Candidate must be eligible to work in Hong Kong.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.