Senior Social Media Editor (Korea)
HYPEBEAST – Social Media
HYPEBEAST was launched in 2005 as a one-stop news source for internet-savvy fashion enthusiasts, continuing to inform and inspire trendsetters around the world. The growth of HYPEBEAST has seen its focus transcend from its initial roots to encompass all forms of fashion, arts, design and culture.
HYPEBEAST is looking for a highly capable Senior Social Editor with a keen eye for quality and a knowledge of various creative cultures. The online editorial nature of this platform requires applicants who can operate swiftly within our space and both understand and dictate movements within culture and social media.
- Build and maintain digital communities for all brand pages across key social media networks.
- Create, develop and edit compelling, high-quality social videos with focus on graphics, text and animation.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the global social media calendar, updating the calendar with relevant cultural events and significant information.
- Communicate with global social team members to produce and publish time-sensitive content in a prioritized manner.
- Monitor industry trends and stay on top of latest social media innovations.
- Monitor social media networks for breaking news and viral content which can be shared with the editorial team, and used on key social networks as evergreen content.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of key social networks and algorithms which inform our success on these networks through weekly reports and daily analysis.
- Identify and adapt to updates in audience behavior and social media algorithms to enhance performance.
- Work with in-house photographers, videographers and graphic designers to create original content.
- Collaborate with editorial department to amplify the performance of editorial features on key social media platforms.
- Assist internal sales department with copy drafting, asset selection, content publishing and data reporting for campaigns.
- Research and understand the brand, voice and tone of rising, established, and yet-to-be-discovered brands.
- Cover live events from a perspective aligned with our brand’s identity and up to the standards of our social media protocol.
- 2 year of working experience in a social media role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Korean.
- Experience using social media analytics, with a strong understanding of basic math.
- Strong familiarity with photography and Photoshop; understanding in Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro is a plus.
- Knowledge of HYPEBEAST content at a local and international level
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV, and expected salary.
This role is located and based in Seoul. Candidate must be eligible to work in Korea.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.