Senior Data Analyst
HYPEMIND (Insights) – Research/Analytics /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 40.5M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, e-commerce store HBX and agency HYPEMAKER. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
Hypebeast is recruiting for a Senior Data Analyst able to deliver best-in-class quantitative analysis by forming, extracting and curating data points to deliver impactful narratives across lifestyle and fashion reports. The Senior Data Analyst will work under HYPEMIND, the insights arm of the HYPEBEAST group.
- Contribute to Hypemind’s strategy and quickly establish internal relationships to resolve project queries efficiently.
- Work alongside research project manager, data engineers, data scientists to champion and embed best practices in rapid experimentation.
- Create accessible, relevant and actionable dashboards, using multiple sources of data for Hypemind.
- Source and check evidence and data scraped from data scientists and engineers.
- Analyse and make sense of large data from proprietary and third-party tool sets for internal and external reports (such as white papers and thought leadership articles).
- Strive to work within given time frames and budgets.
- Effectively communicate data points to reinforce data expertise to senior management.
- Continuously look to disrupt the visualisation of data and creatively input new ways in which to narrate a story through key data points.
- Comfortable travelling nationally and internationally to deliver reports.
- Proven track record reporting data to 100K+ projects.
- Previous experience delivering key data points to senior stakeholders and C-level.
- Skilled at Microsoft Office, Google, Pivot Tables, Google Data Studio, Looker, Tableau, Keynote, Pages, Social Listening Tools, Jupyter Notebook, Google BigQuery.
- Able to read data and quickly identify risks and opportunities across proprietary, third-party and client data.
- Proven ability to feed quantitative findings to inform fashion and culture codes.
- Proficient understanding of the impact of qualitative sources and methodologies.
- Understand that communication skills is at the core to successfully translate complex quantitative data into understandable and actionable takeaways.
- Background in a creative field such as creative agency, marketing or buying role is preferred.
- Able to prioritise workload and work across time zones.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in London. Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.