Project Manager, APAC
HYPEBEAST – Projects /
Hypebeast is a leading global platform for contemporary culture and lifestyle, and a premier destination for editorially-driven news and commerce. Founded in 2005, it became a publicly listed media company in 2016, and today boasts a global readership across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and more. The Group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, creative agency Hypemaker, and e-commerce and retail platform HBX.
- Support the larger company goals through research and project management of new business initiatives, event activations, branded collaborations & R&D business products.
- Help facilitate overall roadmap planning: cross-functional initiative into specific work streams, help teams define the scope, deliverables, and schedules, and coordinate activation across multiple teams for multiple stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver detailed weekly project status reports to stakeholders. Highlight project accomplishments, challenges, key milestones, and upcoming activities. Collaborate with stakeholders to address any concerns or changes to project direction.
- Develop detailed P&L for the project. Regularly monitor project expenses against the P&L. Identify any cost overruns or variances and take proactive steps to address them.
- Lead project meetings, maintain clear and open lines of communication with stakeholders to keep them informed, engaged, and motivated for their active involvement to ensure project success.
- Support the Head of Region on behalf of the project to make better decisions more quickly, by providing data and insights, creating frameworks, and outlining possible scenarios.
- Assist in defining goals & KPIs early in each project and create systems to track those KPIs throughout.
- Assist in driving consistency across project methodologies and approaches, and simultaneously manage multiple projects to completion.
- Proactively manage resource needs by driving conversations on current and upcoming needs with resource management and discipline leads.
- Define, manage, and mitigate risks on projects; taking a proactive approach to solve any issues before they come up, or manage as they arise.
- Conduct market/feasibility research & project/event proposals.
- Provide clear administrative documentation of all projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Project Managing in a Business Development setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Proven ability to assist on large scale, complex projects end-to-end. Event management experience is a significant plus as the role may involve planning and coordinating events or projects with event components.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities simultaneously to meet all deadlines.
- Project development and management experience with developing strategies, operational plans, and compelling presentations.
- Passion for building brands and challenging status quo with a cultural awareness that advises key concepts and emerging trends.
- Comfortability navigating through ambiguity while continuing to set objectives and goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in both Chinese and English.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your portfolio, cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Hong Kong. Candidate must be eligible to work in Hong Kong.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.