Creative Director, Shanghai
Agency (HYPEMAKER) – Creative/Design /
HYPEMAKER is a global agency providing total creative solutions for a diverse set of verticals in fashion, lifestyle, automotive, tech, FMCG and more. From ideation, content amplification, creative production and consumer insight, brands also have access to Hypebeast’s global distribution network of over 10.5 million readers per month and 10 million social media followers worldwide.
The Creative Director is responsible for guiding creative strategy and conceptual thinking for China campaigns across a variety of channels: digital/web, print, video and experiential/events, aligning them with HYPEBEAST’s overall visual aesthetics and creative vision. The Creative Director will also oversee and provide his/her creative leads and process by planning, giving guidance to a group of creatives, approve work related by his/her team and work directly with the Brand Partnership team to present and pitch the work.
The role will also involve generating and tracking new business opportunities, personally building and maintaining deep relationship with key industry players, including client-side marketing executives and ad agencies.
- Invent new ideas for branding, advertising, and marketing campaigns and understand the constant changes and fresh approaches to advertising.
- Have a strong understanding of Hypebeast brand architecture strategy, solid design thinking, and multichannel marketing concepts.
- Ability to analyze trends and keep up with times to evolve and adapt with the latest creative practice.
- Keep creatives on schedule with goals and timelines for execution of creative projects by managing capacity and efficiency of internal and external creative resources effectively.
- Be on top of relevant market trends, client needs, expectations, opportunities and constraints of the business as well as shifts in the competitive landscape.
- Have strong network of senior level relationships and strategic partnerships at major advertising and marketing agencies.
- Work closely with mutual respect and seamless communication with other creative departments and business units within Hypebeast effectively.
- Deep experience in hiring, inspiring creative talent and establishing a high creative standard in the Company.
- Bachelor's degree holder in Design or related disciplines.
- 7+ years of solid experience in a 360 storytelling or digital advertising agency or similar experience in a brand creative studio.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and others.
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Deep background in storytelling across multimedia with the ability to scale campaigns from online to offline experiences.
- Possesses a global perspective and able to scale campaigns into multiple locations around the world.
- Experience shooting and working within video, understanding and implementation of animation and video production skills.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot technical and process related issues.
- Illustration, motion graphics, animation, 3D rendering knowledge is a plus.
- Firm understanding of HYPEBEAST's aesthetics/branding and past/current content outside of the local landscape.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Less experienced candidates will be considered as Associate Creative Director.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV, portfolio and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Shanghai. Candidate must be eligible to work in China.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.