How The Role Will Develop:
Working closely with a small team, you will be responsible for structuring our editorial photography team. At present, the team covers the execution of editorial and sales photography, e-commerce marketing photography, as well as social media content creation.
In addition to having a hands on expertise with photography and the visual aesthetic of HYPEBEAST, the role will also involve the production planning and delegation of interdepartmental responsibilities throughout your team of photographers.
This position requires the ability to collaborate with in-house and out-house photographers and to autonomously work on photography content so that it is delivered in a timely manner.
With a focus on Hong Kong, the Senior Photographer should also have a firm understanding of HYPEBEAST's aesthetics/branding and past/current content outside of the local landscape.
Some of the roles/responsibilities will include:
- Photographing in studio and out of studio
- Developing photography department’s infrastructure (Stored location databases, model database, forms and documents, etc.)
- Delegating various department’s photography jobs across your team and ensuring thatdeadlines are met and quality is maintained
- Working with internal departments and teams as well as clients to discuss the images they require and how they want to use them as well as their needs
- Working in different locations and in different circumstances to get the right image
- Carrying out research and preparation for a shoot
- Arranging still life objects, products, scenes, props and backgrounds
- Managing the processing and use of images, discussing technical problems, checking for quality and dealing with clients' concerns
- Understanding traditional film and digital photography and keeping up to date with industry trends, developments and new techniques
- Must be open to new ideas and enjoy working with a creative team
- 3-5 years of experience
- Proficiency with all Canon DSLR equipment
- Proficiency in digital media software tools (Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Illustrator are the focus)
- Ability to work with studio lighting
- Ability to work in the field with natural light photo scenarios
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must be familiar with social media tools (Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+)
- Creative, independent, detail-minded
- A team-player able to work independently and multi-task under tight schedules
- Good command of both written and spoken English and must have valid HKID
- Must be open to travel
- Experience with lighting and shooting on DSLRs and other HD cameras
We’re looking for people with an optimistic attitude and the willingness to succeed in a fun-loving environment!
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter and CV.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.