Agency – Hypemaker
HYPEBEAST was launched in 2005 as an one-stop news source for internet-savvy fashion enthusiasts, continuing to inform and inspire trendsetters around the world. The growth of HYPEBEAST has seen its focus transcend from its initial roots to encompass all forms of fashion, arts, design and culture.
How The Role Will Develop:
Working closely with a small team, you will be responsible for structuring our editorial photography team. At present, the team covers the execution of editorial and sales photography, e-commerce marketing photography, as well as social media content creation.
In addition to having a hands on expertise with photography and the visual aesthetic of HYPEBEAST, the role will also involve the production planning and delegation of interdepartmental responsibilities throughout your team of photographers.
This position requires the ability to collaborate with in-house and freelance photographers and to autonomously work on photography content so that it is delivered in a timely manner.
With a focus on Hong Kong, the Senior Photographer should also have a firm understanding of HYPEBEAST's aesthetics/branding and past/current content outside of the local landscape.
Some of the roles/responsibilities will include:
- Photograph in studio and out of studio
- Develop photography department’s infrastructure (Stored location databases, model database, forms and documents, etc.)
- Delegate various department’s photography jobs across your team and ensuring that deadlines are met and quality is maintained
- Work with internal departments and teams as well as clients to discuss the images they require and how they want to use them as well as their needs
- Work in different locations and in different circumstances to get the right image
- Carry out research and preparation for a shoot
- Arrange still life objects, products, scenes, props and backgrounds
- Manage the processing and use of images, discuss technical problems, check for quality and dealing with clients' concerns
- Understand traditional film and digital photography and keep up to date with industry trends, developments and new techniques
- Advise and assist Creative Director and Support Team on production and scheduling needs
- Train and mentor Staff Photographers established processes and workflows
- Must be open to new ideas and enjoy working with a creative team
- Strong sense of fashion and styling.
- At least 5 years of experience
- Proficiency with all Canon DSLR equipment
- Proficiency in digital media software tools (Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Illustrator are the focus)
- Ability to work with studio lighting
- Ability to work in the field with natural light photo scenarios
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must be familiar with social media tools (Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+)
- Creative, independent, detail-minded
- A team-player able to work independently and multi-task under tight schedules
- Good command of both written and spoken English and must have valid HKID
- Must be open to travel
- Experience with lighting and shooting on DSLRs and other HD cameras (operating video cameras a plus)
We’re looking for people with an optimistic attitude and the willingness to succeed in a fun-loving environment!
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter and CV.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.