Agency – Hypemaker
HYPEMAKER is a global creative studio providing total creative solutions for a diverse set of verticals in fashion, lifestyle, automotive, tech, CPG, and more. From ideation, content amplification, creative production and data analysis, brands will also have access to HYPEBEAST Ltd.’s targeted global distribution network of millennials who are passionate about fashion, lifestyle and culture.
How The Role Will Develop:
Working closely with a small team, you will be responsible for structuring our editorial photography team, covering the execution of editorial and sales photography, e-commerce marketing photography, as well as social media content creation.
In addition to having a hands on expertise with photography and the visual aesthetic of HYPEBEAST, the role will also involve the production planning and delegation of the duties in your team.
You will work with in-house and freelance photographers on photography content so that it is delivered in a timely manner of the most compelling photo quality.
With a focus on Hong Kong, the Photographer should also have a firm understanding of HYPEBEAST's aesthetics/branding and past/current content outside of the local landscape.
Some of the roles/responsibilities will include:
- Photograph in studio and out of studio
- Develop the photography department’s infrastructure (including stored location databases, model database, forms and documents, etc.)
- Manage various departments' photography jobs across your team, elevating the editorial quality
- Work internally and with external clients to understand their visual needs, and translate well
- Scout different locations and work in different circumstances to maintain the desired aesthetic
- Manage the shoot process from inception to completion
- Arrange still life objects, products, scenes, props and backgrounds
- Understand traditional film and digital photography and keep up to date with industry trends, developments and new techniques
- Advise and assist Creative Director and Support Team on production and scheduling needs
- Train and mentor Staff Photographers established processes and workflows
- Must be open to new ideas and enjoy working with a creative team
- Strong sense of fashion and styling.
- At least 3 years of experience in photography
- Proficiency with all Canon DSLR equipment and other HD cameras
- Operating a video camera is a plus
- Proficiency in digital media software tools (Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Illustrator are the focus)
- Ability to work in all lighting situations including studio lighting and natural light
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Must be familiar with social media tools (Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+)
- Creative, independent, detail-minded
- A team-player able to work independently and multi-task under tight schedules
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Must have a valid HKID and be willing to travel for shoots
We’re looking for people with an optimistic attitude and the willingness to succeed in a creative and open environment!
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter and CV.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.