Social Media Manager, HYPEGOLF
HYPEGOLF – Editorial/Publication /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 44.6M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, HBX, our e-commerce and retail platform, and Hypemaker, our global agency. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
Hypebeast is looking for a Social Media Manager to build out and lead the HYPEGOLF Japan social media business. This role will be reporting to HYPEGOLF global business lead and dotted reporting to HYPEBEAST global social lead.
We are looking for a storyteller and a dot-connector who is adept in the categories of golf, fashion, footwear, F&B, and all things related to trending and popular culture in golf. This person will play a key role in developing and growing our social media strategy for the HYPEGOLF Japan through impactful and innovative ‘social first’ content and authentic storytelling. They will work closely with the global social team and the regional editorial and brand partnerships teams. The fast-paced nature of working at HYPEBEAST is amplified by the faster pace of social media itself, and this person will be able to understand, anticipate, and dictate movements within culture to further the growth, reach, and impact of HYPEGOLF Japan.
- Develop and execute the HYPEGOLF Japan social media strategy across Instagram, Facebook, and other platforms as required.
- Closely monitor the golf, fashion, youth culture market trend and competitor information and make suggestions on new content strategy and ideas.
- Set, track and achieve the KPIs, help generate traffic and potential advertising/media partners.
- Own the development and execution of the day-to-day content calendar including copywriting, scheduling and publishing.
- Create and edit premium, platform-specific content (image and video), covering both news content and original features, with a focus on engaging storytelling through the use of graphics, text and animation.
- Grow the HYPEGOLF Japan community across key social media channels, with a key focus on acquiring and connecting with MZ audience.
- Monitor social media networks for breaking news and viral content, including UGC.
- Monitor industry trends and stay on top of the latest social media technical innovations to keep our presence current and forward-thinking.
- Align and work closely with the Global social and editorial teams to cross-post relevant content and drive synergy between channels.
- Work closely with the regional sales team to review and provide input on social media briefs for all local brand partnerships.
- Analyse performance data and use it to inform social strategy, while communicating key learnings with other colleagues.
- Create reports with full analysis of own and competitor platform performance, growth, and growth opportunities, including key insights, trends and recommendations.
- Align with global HQ policies and procedures and identify ways to help improve HYPEGOLF Japan social on a local level.
- 5+ years of experience in a social media role with evidenced track record of achievements at preferably global golf brands.
- Excellent knowledge of the golf space and market trends.
- Strong passion and curiosity for the golf industry and local golf culture.
- Strong prioritization and multitasking skillets in a fast moving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong experience with social media publishing and analytics tools, with a good grasp of basic math.
- Understanding of and experience in photography, videography, and editing software.
- Ability to use Photoshop on a basic level to create and edit content.
- Knowledge of HYPEBEAST and HYPEGOLF content at a local and international level.
- Strong sense of initiative, a collaborative spirit and an ability to work independently.
- Able to build strong working relationships across teams and business units.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your CV, portfolio, and expected salary. You can either send your profile to email@example.com or click "Apply".
This position is based and located in Tokyo. Candidate must be eligible to work in Japan.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.