Media – Hypebeast
HYPEBEAST was launched in 2005 as a one-stop news source for internet-savvy fashion enthusiasts, continuing to inform and inspire trendsetters around the world. The growth of HYPEBEAST has seen its focus transcend from its initial roots to encompass all forms of fashion, arts, design and culture.
HYPEBEAST is looking for a highly knowledgeable and capable Editor. The online editorial nature of HYPEBEAST requires applicants who can operate swiftly within our space and both understand and dictate movements within culture and social media. The Editor will serve as an integral part of our growing Editorial team and help further the growth, reach and cultural impact of HYPEBEAST.
- Oversee the publishing of daily content and news
- Coordinate with brands and personalities for content (i.e. reaching out)
- Oversee the creation questions to interviews
- Manage an editorial calendar
- Coordinate with our Brand Partnership Team
- Creation of longer form editorial pieces
- Conduct interviews
- Editorial planning and scheduling
- Coordinate projects with the Brand Partnership team
- Ensure editorial direction is on-brand
- Art direction for features
- Introduce and executing editorial concepts
- Approve longer form content
- Intra-department organization for editorial
- Strategize growth
- Review job applications
- Interview potential employees
- Correspondence with Managing Editor
- 2-3 years experience in journalism, digital media or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of HYPEBEAST content at a local and international level
- Self-determined, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a high level of creativity and out of the box thinking
- Passion for innovation, constantly staying ahead of the changing trends
- Proven experience with Social Media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Google+)
- Team Player with the ability to work with different personalities to optimize editorial quality
- Passion for HYPEBEAST culture and personal interest in fashion.
How to Apply
This position is based in NEW YORK. Immediate availability is preferred. If you think you have what it takes to join the fast-growing and dynamic team, please send three writing samples of 150 words, a cover letter and CV.