Social Media Intern, HYPEBAE
New York /
HYPEBAE – Social Media /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 40.5M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, e-commerce store HBX and agency Hypemaker. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2018 and Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” in 2017.
HYPEBAE is an editorially driven platform that aims to showcase today’s women at the forefront of fashion and culture, presented in the form of visually impactful and thought-provoking content. Complemented by the latest news in a range of categories, HYPEBAE creates a well-rounded reader experience that delivers a cohesive curation of empowering female-centric themes. At the brand’s core is a driving motivation to share riveting stories that encourage women to try new things, explore unconventional ideas and push themselves in every way.HYPEBAE is not so much a news outlet as it is a mouthpiece for all of the pioneering accomplishments that female creators are producing today.
The Hypebeast Internship Program gives participants an in-depth look at how an international media company operates on a day-to-day basis. Interns will have an opportunity to learn more about the company such as editorial content, photography and videography production, sales development, etc. Interns will also get hands-on experience under expert supervision of leaders in the industry. Interns will leave the program with a feeling of accomplishment, and enhanced skills they can build upon in their academic and professional careers.
We are looking for an intern to join our Social Media Team. The Social Media intern will work closely with our in-house designers and art director to build compelling visual ideas and executions for our branded content and in-house agency portfolio.
The Social Media Intern, HYPEBAE role is typically $17.00/hour, for all skills, qualifications, and experience.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR EXPERIENCE DOES NOT ALIGN WITH THE POSITION. ANY APPLICANTS THAT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE OR STUDIES FOR THE POSITION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Brainstorm relevant ideas for Hypebae’s social platforms i.e Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Tik Tok and Facebook
- Create content around holidays, observances, events and news on the daily basis
- Assist in creating various assets for editorial and social channels
- Work closely with the Creative Editorial Team to uphold the content standards of the HYPEBEAST brand
- Establish an eye for our aesthetics and writing for social media
- Working with the sales team to oversee the execution of social content
- Liaising between partners for social opportunities including takeovers, giveaways, exclusives and more
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or a recent graduate
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- A team player but able to work independently
- Understands the visual identity of HYPEBEAST
- Passionate about culture, fashion, sneakers, and content creation
- Proactive and willing to learn; positive attitude
- Ideally available to intern from Monday - Friday (9AM to 6PM)
- Based in New York