Director of Data
Data/Performance Analytics – Data/Performance Analytics /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 44.6M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, HBX, our e-commerce and retail platform, and Hypemaker, our global agency.
Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
- Manages the development of the company’s overall data architecture, adopt new ad and CRM technologies to maximise revenue.
- Manages, develops, prioritises and recommends initiatives to improve and build upon the data architecture to support the business and department goals.
- Ensures consistency of process and usage, and champions best practices in data management.
- Oversees data accuracy processes, goals and assessment for projects.
- Ensures resolution of data conflicts between systems and within systems’ data universe.
- Works with internal stakeholders to develop strategies for leveraging data to gain deep insights into Hypebeast and youth culture.
- Develop data products based on identified needs for commercial applications.
- Manages and develops the staffing of the data department while; championing team collaboration: monitoring, coaching, and developing career paths within the team.
- Ensures that the data knowledge base and documentation is up-to-date approaches and findings within the organisation.
- Forms well informed and clear insights from complex data systems.
- Proactively implements disruptive ways in which to communicate key data findings; from visualisation to the interactivity of such data points in client decks and editorial work.
- 6+ years of experience in running Data Analytics and Engineering teams in the ecommerce or related industry.
- University degree educated in Statistics, Data Science, Data Analytics or any related disciplines.
- Profound knowledge in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager is a must, and experience in creating operational frameworks around them.
- Possess strong sense of ownership, adaptive to change, organised, and possesses an experimental knowledge-seeking mindset to deal with ambiguity.
- Able to work with stakeholders to elicit needs and working solutions.
- Possess hands-on approach to developing the data team and processes
- Possess strong e-commerce CRM experience in customer data collection on-site, data management, and transformation of data to insights - added plus to have media publisher experience
- Experience in SEO.
- Possess experience in data architecture design that can support first-party data collection but also understanding of how to best connect and scale multiple systems (including third-party data sources)
- Working knowledge of data cleansing best practices and data quality maintenance
- Working knowledge of Data operations, project management, and governance.
- Familiar with data warehouses (BigQuery, MySQL, PostgreSQL), data infrastructure (GCP), and data tools for ETL (Airflow), visualisation, modelling.
- Must know SQL, Google Data Studio, Tableau (or an equivalent visualisation tool), Python.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in London. Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.