Editorial Intern, HYPEBAE
New York /
HYPEBAE – Editorial/Publication /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 40.5M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, e-commerce store HBX and agency Hypemaker. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2018 and Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” in 2017.
HYPEBAE is an editorially driven platform that aims to showcase today’s women at the forefront of fashion and culture, presented in the form of visually impactful and thought-provoking content. Complemented by the latest news in a range of categories, HYPEBAE creates a well-rounded reader experience that delivers a cohesive curation of empowering female-centric themes. At the brand’s core is a driving motivation to share riveting stories that encourage women to try new things, explore unconventional ideas and push themselves in every way.HYPEBAE is not so much a news outlet as it is a mouthpiece for all of the pioneering accomplishments that female creators are producing today.
The Hypebeast Summer Internship Program will give participants an in-depth look at how an international media company operates on a day-to-day basis. Interns will have an opportunity to learn more about the company such as editorial content, photography and videography production, sales development, etc. Interns will also get hands-on experience under expert supervision of leaders in the industry. Interns will leave the program with a feeling of accomplishment, and enhanced skills they can build upon in their academic and professional careers.
We are looking for interns to join our Editorial teams at Hypebae. The Editorial Intern will be an integral player in assisting with research, strategy and written article projects within the Hypebae team.
An ideal candidate is someone who has experience in fashion journalism, creative execution and research into youth culture. We’re looking for someone who is well versed in streetwear and Hypebae’s key subcultures
The Editorial Intern, HYPEBAE role is typically $17.00/hour, for all skills, qualifications, and experience.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR EXPERIENCE DOES NOT ALIGN WITH THE POSITION. ANY APPLICANTS THAT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE OR STUDIES FOR THE POSITION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Assist in writing articles that are in line with editorial guidelines while keeping in mind the
- HYPEBEAST tone of voice and our writing regulations
- Process imagery according to the editorial rules and integrate it into articles
- Assist, as necessary, with content for social platforms
- Assist the Editors with ideation, writing, interview coordination, and other misc tasks
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or a recent graduate
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- A team player but able to work independently
- Has a high interest in social media and current trends
- Proactive and willing to learn attitude
- Available to intern from Mon - Fri (9AM to 6PM) from June through August
- Based in New York