Business Manager (DACH, Scandinavia)
Client Relations – Business Development /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 40.5M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, e-commerce store HBX and agency HYPEMAKER. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
Hypebeast is looking for an outstanding Business Manager to join our growing brand partnerships team to sell across DACH and Scandinavia. The role is open to candidates situated in Germany. Candidates with established networks across FMCG, automotive, fashion or luxury clients in the German market would be highly regarded.
We are looking for someone with a proven record in media sales and a passion for digital media and innovation. Someone who loves our platform and knows how to generate revenue.
Successful candidate will benefit from:
- Working at a progressive, digitally-led business with best-in-class reach.
- Competitive commission structure.
- Selling across a lucrative patch to a local client base.
- Pitching and selling creative solutions.
- Grow advertising revenues by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with regional media agencies, PR agencies, and clients directly, constantly defining and developing new business opportunities.
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue and business goals.
- Selling online, offline and bespoke advertising solutions across all Hypebeast platforms.
- Create compelling sales propositions utilising consumer trends, market knowledge and data-driven insights.
- Understand client’s requirements, brief the creative and strategic planning teams and pitch creative marketing strategies.
- Building proposals and customising ideas for clients.
- Coordinate with Creative, Editorial and Account Servicing teams to build and deliver successful ad campaigns.
- Report to the Regional Business Director on new market trends and opportunities to grow incremental revenue.
- Accurate forecasting, reporting daily and weekly and timely insights about your business and client base is vital.
- Represent Hypebeast at events and serve as a brand ambassador, communicating our core narratives and reinforcing the strong position Hypebeast holds in the marketplace.
- The role will be covering both client direct and agency.
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience (sales experience particularly in publishing or digital space).
- Candidates with more experience may be considered for a more senior role.
- Strong contacts across Agency and / or Direct clients across the DACH region and Scandinavia.
- Ability to build a pipeline and proven track record of exceeding goals.
- Knowledge of marketing, online, offline media and ability to be creative with client solutions.
- A good presenter who is able to coherently introduce complex digital ad solutions to clients.
- Strong negotiation & PR skills.
- Relationships made with high-level clients.
- Proven experience and results in selling big budget ideas to global brands at senior level.
- Able to work independently and effectively is a must.
- Team player, smart, adapts well with change and has a positive attitude.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment and across external and internal teams to deliver creative, fresh campaigns.
- Dexterity in creating presentations and plans using Excel, G Suite, Keynote, etc.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Business-level proficiency in German and/or French is highly sought after.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV, and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Germany. Candidate must be eligible to work in Germany.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.