Senior Creative Editor
Agency – Sales & Client Success
HYPEBEAST was launched in 2005 as a one-stop news source for internet-savvy fashion enthusiasts, continuing to inform and inspire trendsetters around the world. The growth of HYPEBEAST has seen its focus transcend from its initial roots to encompass all forms of fashion, arts, design and culture.
HYPEBEAST is looking for a highly knowledgeable and capable Senior Creative Editor. The online editorial nature of HYPEBEAST requires applicants who can operate swiftly within our space and both understand and dictate movements within culture and social media. The Senior Creative Editor will serve as an integral part of our growing Creative Team and help further the growth, reach and cultural impact of HYPEBEAST.
- Oversee the copyediting and publishing of daily content and news, ensuring the direction is in alignment with the HYPEBEAST brand.
- Coordinate with brands and interview personalities for content (i.e. reaching out)
- Oversee the creation and ideation content ideas
- Manage outstanding Creative Editorial projects ensuring deadlines are met
- Work with our Brand Partnership Team to coordinate projects and manage concepts from inception to completion
- Create longer form editorial pieces
- Introduce and execute innovative editorial concepts
- Strategize growth
- Work closely with the Creative Team Management to ensure editorial excellence and deliverables are met
- 3-4 years experience in journalism, digital media or related field
- Experience managing a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of HYPEBEAST publications at a local and international level
- Passion for HYPEBEAST culture and personal interest in fashion.
- Motivated, extremely detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess a high level of creativity and out of the box thinking
- Passion for innovation, constantly staying ahead of the changing trends.
- Proven experience with Social Media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Google+)
- Team Player with the ability to work with different personalities to optimize editorial quality.
- Creative agency copywriting experience a plus
This position is based in New York. Immediate availability is preferred. If you think you have what it takes to join the fast-growing and dynamic team, please send three writing samples of 150 words, a cover letter and CV.