New York, Los Angeles /
HYPEBEAST – Editorial/Publication /
“Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 44.6M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, HBX, our e-commerce and retail platform, and Hypemaker, our global agency.
Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
HYPEBEAST is looking for a highly knowledgeable and capable Editor for our rapidly growing Automotive vertical. Ideal candidates should possess a deep understanding of automotive and the category’s potential for growth and expansion through storytelling, news and engaging content development. The Editor will be responsible for finding, curating, reporting upon news and writing engaging original content around all things automotive. The Editor will be responsible for implementing this content across different platforms: web, social media, video and more.
- Write, edit, publish and coordinate content with editorial members
- Develop franchises which would cater to editorial and drive sales
- Assist in the content creation and publishing of social media as necessary
- Construct content ideas that coincide with Hypebeast editorial standards, with flexibility for other regions to adapt
- Attend press events, trips and opportunities for content coverage
- Align with region and platform directors on content development
- Maintain and analyze traffic to meet or exceed concurrent goals
- Work alongside the business development team to craft editorial content plans for sales adoption
- 2-3 years of experience within an editorial sphere
- Creative interest and experience with editorial content and platforms
- Traffic analytics experience preferred
- Passion for automotive required, genuine interest in fashion a plus
- Intermediate experience working with CMS and Project Management software
- Background familiarity or applied experience with Adobe Suite creative tools (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere) or equivalent
- Flexibility working across time zones – key cities in APAC and North America specifically
$65,000 - $70,000 biweekly
The Editor salary typically ranges from $65,000 to $70,000, plus discretionary bonus compensation. Your actual compensation will be determined based on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
This position is based and located in Los Angeles or New York. Candidate must be eligible to work in the US.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR EXPERIENCE DOES NOT ALIGN WITH THE POSITION. ANY APPLICANTS THAT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE OR STUDIES FOR THE POSITION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.