System Admin / DevOps
HYPEBEAST was launched in 2005 as an one-stop news source for internet savvy fashion enthusiasts and continues to inform and inspire trendsetters around the world. The growth of HYPEBEAST has seen its focus transcend from its initial roots to encompass all forms of fashion, arts, design and culture, including women’s fashion and trend site POPBEE.com and HYPETRAK.com, the online destination for contemporary music. This makes HYPEBEAST a premier network and destination for cultural enthusiasts, tastemakers and influencers alike.
- Being hands-on, and maintain and build our infrastructure and servers.
- Evolve current infrastructure, server, deployment strategies and testing to support our goal of 100% uptime and fast server respond time.
- Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easily deployable, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant.
- Formalizing configuration management with tool like Puppet.
- Understand the needs of the business, to work with engineers and product managers, and to ensure the infrastructure and deployment methods help to achieve company objectives.
- Evaluate new technologies and bring forth new ideas for continuous improvement.
- Drive the process in which our Dev/Ops operates and iterates/releases.
- Keep a research mindset to explore and come up with latest technologies for infrastructure management.
- Minimum 1 year experience in managing/deploying/scaling web services.
- Comfortable with Linux administration including user management, patching and shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of Nginx, ElasticSearch, Redis and other scalable technologies deployed in a high volume, clustered environment.
- Experience in security, high availability, disaster recovery is a big plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills.
- Natural sense of ownership and ability to work independently.
- Experience with MySQL database administration and performance tuning.
- Strong knowledge in create and configure development environments withVagrant, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Expert with automating infrastructure solutions via Chef or Puppet.
- Significant experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS), or other cloud service providers.
- Experience in programming with LNMP stack is bonus.
We’re a small team that gets a lot done and has a lot of fun along the way.
- Competitive salaries
- Free snacks and drinks
- Mac computers
- Friendly, casual office environment with plenty of toys (foosball, table tennis, video games and more)
Personal data collected is for recruitment purposes only.