Insights & Cultural Analyst
HYPEMIND (Insights) – Research/Analytics /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 40.5M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, e-commerce store HBX and agency HYPEMAKER. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
Hypebeast is recruiting for a Insights & Cultural Analyst who is culturally informed, creative and able to pull quantitative and qualitative research into inspiring and actionable insights.
- The duties can be separated into two main areas:
- General understanding of quantitative and quantitative sources and methodologies.
- Assist in the drafting of white papers, insight articles and client projects.
- Conduct and analyse primary and secondary research to develop impactful and insightful creative content in either written and/or visual formats.
- Deliver analysis that provides actionable recommendations to build the basis of a creative strategy with supporting actionable solutions.
- Perform thorough social media monitoring; by scrolling through popular platforms including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and exploring emerging servers such as Discord and Reddit to gain insight into subcultures and cultural trends.
- Leverage data sets such as Google Trends to pull out inspiring insights on new and upcoming spaces.
- Utilise Hypemind’s social listening platform to pull data that validates and/or challenges insight hypotheses.
- Develop new cultural frameworks that impact the collation of cultural research that informs creative strategy.
- Identify information sources (websites) for cultural insights and trend-spotting and incorporate them into cultural frameworks.
- Carry out interviews with experts and consumers to understand more deeply needs, analyse findings and put these into themes.
- Strive to work within given time frames and budgets.
- Support Hypemind team with commercial activity and project management activities.
- Proactively report new trends to Hypemind team and assist on creatively responding to client briefs.
- Help build our Hypemind network of progressive consumers and experts, ensuring we have a vast research pool that can contribute to our insights.
- Participate in client calls, to take notes and support where needed on the delivery of key cultural trends.
- Contribute to Hypemind brainstorming meetings and help support other teams across the business.
- Have regular contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company (such as editors and creative).
Content & Analysis
- 3-5 years’ experience translating raw research into culturally relevant analysis and trends.
- General understanding of qualitative and quantitative sources and methodologies.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and project quality standards.
- Skills - Microsoft Office, Google, Google Analytics, Workspace, Keynote, Pages, Social Listening Tools, Miro, Discord, Reddit, Tableau (preferable).
- Able to communicate concepts and ideas creatively. Articulating quantitative and qualitative research through disruptive language and visuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, always attending and informing back on current events and developments within various industries.
- Have a genuine passion for studies including semiotics, ethnography and data.
- Enjoy deep-diving into demographics (such as Gen Z as well as LatinX or South African youth culture) through primary and/or secondary research.
- A good understanding of creative disruptive industries such as fashion, art, beauty, F&D and Web 3.0.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in London. Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.