Content Editor/Producer, HYPEBAE
New York /
HYPEBAE – Social Media /
HYPEBAE is an editorially driven platform that aims to showcase today’s women at the forefront of fashion and culture, presented in the form of visually impactful and thought-provoking content. Complemented by the latest news in a range of categories, HYPEBAE creates a well-rounded reader experience that delivers a cohesive curation of empowering female-centric themes. At the brand’s core is a driving motivation to share riveting stories that encourage women to try new things, explore unconventional ideas and push themselves in every way. HYPEBAE is not so much a news outlet as it is a mouthpiece for all of the pioneering accomplishments that female creators are producing today.
Working closely with a small team, you will be responsible for developing and producing video content for HYPEBAE’s social and editorial platforms. You will be expected to help brainstorm with the team and conceptualize new ideas while producing consistent video content primarily for Youtube and TikTok. In addition to our online editorial and social media platforms, video duties will span into areas involving HYPEBAE’s branded projects.
This position requires the ability to act within a producer, editor and content strategist role. Candidates will collaborate between multiple teams under the HYPEBAE umbrella to deliver video content in an autonomous and timely manner. Candidates should have an understanding of HYPEBAE's aesthetics and branding, past and current content, and be able to identify opportunities for growth with a high level of execution and a knowledge of what’s trending around us.
- Responsible for video editing and producing
- Help oversee growth strategy on all video platforms with Social Media Manager
- Create and maintain longstanding franchises for the Hypebae platform that can be sold through in the form of brand partnerships
- Manage monthly budget and handle multiple social-first and editorial projects at the same time.
- Curate a long term vision for the video vertical at Hypebae including new audiences, talent collaboration and sales opportunities for commercial integration or monetization
- Work with social team to bring editorial pieces to life on social
- Brainstorm and develop innovative ideas and IPs with the team
- Maintain a steady flow of high quality content for web and YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram
- Define and elevate the aesthetic quality of assets
- Audio editing and post-production mixing
- Secure, vet and negotiate talent, crew, and locations for shoots
- Work with the editorial team while bridging the gap between sales projects and original content
- Uphold the standards of the HYPEBAE brand
- 2 years of experience in video editing and producing
- Proficiency in digital media software tools (Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, After Effects)
- Must be familiar with social media tools (YouTube, TikTok, Instagram)
- Experience in script writing and working with voiceover talent
- Experience working with and troubleshooting lighting and sound
- Highly organized, with baseline levels of project management
- Independent and detail-oriented with a creative approach to video editing
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot and stay calm under pressure
- A team player with the ability to work independently and multi-task under tight schedules
- Ability to shift between editorial and branded content
- Ear to the ground for the latest Internet trends and news
- Motion and Graphic Design Experience is a major plus
- Experience with shooting with Sony video cameras
- PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR EXPERIENCE DOES NOT ALIGN WITH THE POSITION. ANY APPLICANTS THAT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE OR STUDIES FOR THE POSITION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Content Editor/Producer role salary typically ranges from $60,000 to $65,000, plus discretionary bonus compensation. Your actual compensation will be determined based on your skills, qualifications, and experience
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.