New York, Los Angeles /
HYPEBEAST – Editorial/Publication /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 44.6M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, HBX, our e-commerce and retail platform, and Hypemaker, our global agency.
Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
HYPEBEAST is looking for a highly knowledgeable and capable Editor for our upcoming Travel vertical. Ideal candidates should possess a deep understanding of travel and the category’s potential for growth and expansion through storytelling, news and engaging content development. Huge plus if editor is well versed and experienced in New York, Tokyo, and London. The Editor will be working closely with internal and external individuals to create rich guides, providing our audience with curated content that will only be available within HYPEBEAST. The Editor will be responsible for implementing this content across different platforms: web, social media, video and more.
- Write, edit, publish and coordinate content with editorial members
- Develop franchises which would cater to editorial and drive sales
- Be a key stakeholder in the development of programs for vertical expansion (social media, video, print, etc)
- Assist in regional expansion of content and structure
- Generate content ideas that coincide with Hypebeast editorial standards, with flexibility for other regions to adapt
- Attend press events, trips and opportunities for content coverage
- Align with region and platform directors on content development
- Analyze and maintain traffic to meet concurrent goals
- Partner with the business development team to craft editorial content plans for sales adoption
- 2-3 years of experience within an editorial sphere
- Well versed and experienced in New York, Tokyo, and London a huge plus
- Creative interest and experience with editorial and social media platforms
- Traffic analytics experience preferred
- Highly organized individual with the ability to adapt to structures in place, creative and proactive to build new structures as needed
- Experience with travel and writing for travel required, genuine interest in style, food or our other categories a plus
- Intermediate experience working with CMS and Project Management software
- Background familiarity or applied experience with Adobe Suite creative tools (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere) or equivalent
- Flexibility working across time zones – key cities in APAC and North America specifically
$65,000 - $70,000 biweekly
The Editor salary typically ranges from $65,000 to $70,000, plus discretionary bonus compensation. Your actual compensation will be determined based on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
This position is based and located in Los Angeles or New York. Candidate must be eligible to work in the US.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR EXPERIENCE DOES NOT ALIGN WITH THE POSITION. ANY APPLICANTS THAT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE OR STUDIES FOR THE POSITION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.