Creative Director of Media (Art-based)
HYPEBEAST – Creative/Design/Production /
Hypebeast is a leading global platform for contemporary culture and lifestyle, and a premier destination for editorially-driven news and commerce. Founded in 2005, it became a publicly listed media company in 2016, and today boasts a global readership across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and more. The Group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, creative agency Hypemaker, and e-commerce and retail platform HBX.
The Creative Director of Media (Art-based) is responsible for guiding creative media strategy and conceptual thinking for media and media-related content campaigns from an artistic POV across a variety of channels in China, including but not limited to social outlets (WeChat, Weibo, Red, Douyin & Bilibili), digital/web, print, video and experiential events, aligning them with HYPEBEAST overall media POV, visual aesthetics and creative visions.
The Creative Director of Media (Art-based) will oversee and provide his/her creative leads and processes by directing, giving specific guidance to a group of creatives, approving works and growing his/her team and working directly with the Media Partnerships Team to present and pitch for various media projects.
The role will also involve generating and tracking new business opportunities, personally building and maintaining deep relationships with key industry players, including client-side marketing executives, ad agencies and most importantly, community members within the creative realm both locally and globally.
The Creative Director of Media (Art-based) should have a firm understanding of HYPEBEAST aesthetics and brand power as a media and a terrific art sense in a wider youth culture landscape.
- Invent new ideas for branded media contents and content sponsorships in line with marketing strategies of our brand partners as well as maintaining an authentic POVs of HYPEBEAST as a media brand.
- Have a strong understanding of HYPEBEAST brand architecture strategy, solid artistic and design-driven thinking and multichannel marketing concepts.
- Ability to analyze trends and keep up with the ever-evolving marketplace to come up with the latest creative practice.
- Keep creatives on schedule with goals and timelines for execution of creative projects by managing capacity and efficiency of internal and external creative resources.
- Have a strong network of various types of creative talents in the industry ranging from influencers to artist, from designers to musicians, from filmmakers to illustrators, both in the region and worldwide.
- Work closely with other creative members on the team and other business units across the company with strong communication skills and the ability to articulate in an ambiguous situation.
- Have the experience in hiring, coaching and inspiring creative talents, and the experience in stablishing a high creative/artistic standard in the company.
- Ability and willingness to travel when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, communications, marketing, or other equivalent professional experiences.
- 6 years of experience in a 360-degree artistic storytelling in a media or in a digital/content advertising agency or other similar experiences in a brand creative studio.
- Solid, on-hand experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and other creative tools.
- Better have experiences in working in a media setting, familiarizing with content creation and storytelling across multimedia with the ability to scale the partnership opportunities.
- Strong experience in creative and media production, including but not limited to photo shooting, video production, animation, etc., with a deep understanding of the process and the ability to give solid comments and feedbacks.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot technical and process related issues.
- Illustration, motion graphic, animation, 3D rendering knowledge is a plus.
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail and both local and global perspectives on creative and youth culture and the know-how to leverage HYPEBEAST as a media brand to create values for our brand partners and vice versa.
- Be the go-to person for artistic accuracy, on-brand tone and manner on all visual presentations.
- Good command of English and the proficiency of other languages within the APAC region is a plus.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your CV, portfolio and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Shanghai. Candidate must be eligible to work in China.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.