Director of Administration
Hong Kong /
Operations – Operations /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 40.5M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, e-commerce store HBX and agency HYPEMAKER. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
The Director of Administration serves as a central leader of office operational excellence, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working with firm and office leaders to ensure consistent delivery of best in class service to our firm and clients. The Director of Administration provides leadership and oversight to the local office administrators and is responsible for ensuring operational effectiveness for our eight offices, serving as the point person for flow of information upstream to the COO and downstream to the MFAs (Managers of Facilities and Administration). The Director of Administration provides oversight for real estate matters, including lease negotiations, facility design, construction, and contracts, and is a key stakeholder for vendor relationships.
- Lead and manage the Company’s Managers, Facilities and Administration to develop consistent best practices for local service and support across the firm. Serve as a coach, role model and mentor to direct reports by setting goals, providing development opportunities, and managing projects.
- Work closely with direct reports to identify, evaluate, and address employee relations, morale, work performance, development and productivity opportunities and concerns.
- Serve as a business partner and trusted advisor to the COO, as well as other leaderships, including local Office Heads.
- Provide regular analysis and evaluation regarding office operational opportunities and issues, as well as industry and competitive conditions.
- Plan and implement short- and long-term organizational strategies in areas of responsibility to maximize office operational efficiencies. Regularly evaluate support functions and updates processes and procedures as necessary.
- Serve as a consensus builder to ensure consistency in the delivery of high-quality support and services and the application of best practices across all offices.
- Prepare and manage the firm’s annual office operations budget in conjunction with key stakeholders, including the approval and control of expenses.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to oversee the firm’s real estate portfolio, including developing space planning models, identifying facilities options, negotiating letters of intent, negotiating lease terms and overseeing lease administration.
- Serve as point person to oversee the management of real estate projects through design, fit out, and occupancy.
- Responsible for developing and managing project budgets, and collaborating with local Office Heads.
- Lead the Company’s local procurement efforts. Negotiate and manage significant vendor contracts to create cost effective delivery of high-quality office operations products and services.
- Ensure the Company’s compliance with applicable health, building, zoning, and safety licensing and certification requirements, as well as the firm’s procedures and policies.
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills is a must in order to supervise and support an entire team of managers and administrators.
- 10+ years of experience in office operations management, including managing and leading large teams globally
- 7+ years of experience managing real estate projects in commercial environments and warehouse for professional services Company including vendor/consultant selection and management in a multi-office environment.
- Demonstrated experience in current best practices for space design and programming including sound environmental and wellness solutions.
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Hong Kong. Candidate must be eligible to work in Hong Kong.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.