Senior Insight Strategist
HYPEMIND (Insights) – Research/Analytics /
Contract (maternity cover)
Hypemind is a leading insights authority that translates cultural intelligence into strategic decision making. Utilizing Hypebeast’s proprietary tools, Hypemind is backed by a team of researchers, data analysts and strategists who capture, consolidate and analyze consumer insights to equip businesses with key cultural shifts and actions to optimize business opportunities.
This Senior Insight Strategist is culturally informed, creative and able to pull quantitative and qualitative research into inspiring and actionable insights. The Senior Insight Strategist will work under HYPEMIND, the insights arm of the HYPEBEAST group.
- The duties can be separated into two main areas:
- Assist in the drafting of white papers, insight articles and client projects.
- Conduct and analyze primary and secondary research to develop impactful and insightful creative content in either written and/or visual formats.
- Develop engaging storylines and narratives to share insight findings.
- Deliver analysis that provides actionable recommendations to build the basis of a creative strategy with supporting actionable solutions.
- Develop new cultural frameworks that impact the collation of cultural research that informs creative strategy.
- Utilize Hypebeast editorial and e-commerce data to pull insights that validate and/or challenge insight hypotheses.
- Identify information sources (websites) for cultural insights and trend-spotting and incorporate them into cultural frameworks.
- Perform thorough social media monitoring; by scrolling through popular platforms including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and exploring emerging servers such as Discord and Reddit to gain insight into subcultures and cultural trends.
- Leverage data sets such as Google Trends to pull out inspiring insights on new and upcoming spaces.
- Have proven experience facilitating and running focus groups, surveys, ethnographic studies and integrated consulting solutions.
- Strive to work within given time frames and budgets.
- Work with sales and partnership leaders to develop and foster relationships with clients - from commercial activity and project management activities.
- Participate in client calls, from pitching to delivery.
- Have proven proposal writing skills, design commercial methods to win pitches.
- Have regular contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company (such as editors and creative).
- Help build the Hypemind network of progressive consumers and experts, ensuring we have a vast research pool that can contribute to our insights.
- Report back to senior leadership on corporate objectives and relevant KPI updates.
- Manage budget, P&L, and other program-related financial issues pertaining to HYPEMIND.
Content & Analysis
- 5-7 years' experience translating raw research into culturally relevant analysis and trends.
- General understanding of qualitative and quantitative sources and methodologies.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and project quality standards.
- Able to communicate concepts and ideas creatively. Articulating quantitative and qualitative research through disruptive language and visuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, always attending and informing back on current events and developments within various industries.
- Have a genuine passion for studies including semiotics, ethnography and data.
- Enjoy deep-diving into demographics (such as Gen Z as well as LatinX or South African youth culture) through primary and/or secondary research.
- A good understanding of creative disruptive industries such as fashion, art, beauty, F&D and Web 3.0.
- Skills - Microsoft Office, Google, Google Analytics, Keynote, Pages, Miro, Discord, Reddit, Tableau (preferable).
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, resume and expected salary.
This position is based and located in New York. Candidate must be eligible to work in the US.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.