Python Software Engineer
Operations – Engineering/Technology /
Hypebeast is a leading global platform for contemporary culture and lifestyle, and a premier destination for editorially-driven news and commerce. Founded in 2005, it became a publicly listed media company in 2016, and today boasts a global readership across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and more. The Group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, creative agency Hypemaker, and e-commerce and retail platform HBX.
HBX is seeking a skilled and passionate Python Software Engineer to join our team. The primary responsibility will be developing the backend for our mobile app. This role demands strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Develop and maintain backend and APIs for our app using Python and FastAPI.
- Collaborate with other teams to understand needs, gather user requirements, and develop solutions.
- Design and implement high-availability, horizontally-scalable applications.
- Write clean, maintainable code while rapidly iterating and shipping.
- Explore and champion the latest and best development techniques.
- Primarily work with Python, but also use the right tool for each job. Our stack includes ReactJS, React Native, PHP, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, etc.
- 2+ years of experience developing applications in Python with modern frameworks (e.g., FastAPI, Django).
- Deep understanding of relational database architecture and performance, such as MySQL and PostgreSQL, and key-value databases such as Redis.
- Knowledge of systems architecture, with the ability to develop high-availability, horizontally-scalable applications and improve speed, scalability, and fault tolerance.
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up new technologies.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working on a Linux platform is a plus.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with AWS or similar public cloud service providers is also a bonus.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Hong Kong. Candidate must be eligible to work in Hong Kong.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.