Editorial Intern, HYPEBEAST
New York /
HYPEBEAST – Editorial/Publication /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 40.5M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, e-commerce store HBX and agency Hypemaker. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020 and Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” in 2017.
The Hypebeast Summer Internship Program will give participants an in-depth look at how an international media company operates on a day-to-day basis. Interns will have an opportunity to learn more about the company such as editorial content, photography and videography production, sales development, etc. Interns will also get hands-on experience under expert supervision of leaders in the industry. Interns will leave the program with a feeling of accomplishment, and enhanced skills they can build upon in their academic and professional careers.
We are looking for an intern to join our Hypebeast Editorial team. The intern will create daily news content across Hypebeast’s core verticals — fashion, sneakers, music, tech, automotive and more. The internship program is designed to provide experience and
training across a diverse range of tasks specific to the department. Interns will work alongside passionate and creative individuals who will provide mentorship and skill development.
The Editorial Intern, HYPEBEAST role is typically $17.00/hour, for all skills, qualifications, and experience.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR EXPERIENCE DOES NOT ALIGN WITH THE POSITION. ANY APPLICANTS THAT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE OR STUDIES FOR THE POSITION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- An aspiring journalist with a strong knowledge of street culture terminology who can identify trends and package them in an easy-to-digest news format. This role will require you to source, write and publish daily news articles and work with the team to develop feature stories for Hypebeast.com. This experience will teach you how to create digital news and long-form content, how to conduct interviews, and how to work as part of a global editorial team.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or a recent graduate
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- A team player but able to work independently
- Has a high interest in social media and current trends
- Proactive and willing to learn attitude
- Available to intern from Mon - Fri (9AM to 6PM) from June through August
- Preferrably based in New York, though other locales can be considered.