New York, Hong Kong, London /
HYPEBEAST – Editorial/Publication /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 40.5M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, e-commerce store HBX and agency Hypemaker. Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2018 and Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” in 2017.
HYPEBEAST is looking for a Newsletter Specialist to join our rapidly developing team. We require a strategic and data driven leader who understands the world of fashion/culture with critical thinking abilities and possesses skilled communication methods who has a proven track record growing newsletter subscribers and engagement. This role requires a detailed understanding of publishing tools, analytics tools and social marketing technology along with all native platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and more). You must be able to demonstrate a clear ability to develop tactics and campaigns that drive business goals such as audience growth, engagement, acquisition, reach and maintenance. An in-depth knowledge of brands, culture and fashion is a must but also the ability to spot trends across different fields and apply them to this specific area.
- Lead and develop newsletter subscriber growth and engagement at HYPEBEAST across all categories
- Plan and manage a weekly newsletter schedule around current practices and the introduction of innovative new strategies
- Work with editorial and sales teams to curate and build content for HYPEBEAST’s newsletter offerings
- Develop tactics, plans, partnerships, tools that help achieve the business goals
- Assist in communication with internal editorial leads and teams on priorities and best practices
- Identify emerging subcultures and new communities that HYPEBEAST can grow into, in order to expand our audience reach and strategize growth
- Report on campaigns and augment based on analysis to ensure the most effective approach
- Work closely with HYPEBEAST HQ in Hong Kong to ensure editorial alignment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in newsletter publishing and business development
- Proficient in Google Analytics, Retention Science and Visual Studio Code; Basic in Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for editorial content, with knowledge of HYPEBEAST content at a local and international level
- Self-determined, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Possess a high level of creativity and out of the box thinking
- Team Player with the ability to work with different personalities to optimize editorial quality
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV, three English writing samples and expected salary.
Please state your ideal working location and you must be eligible to work in the selected location.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.