Social Media Intern
HYPEBEAST – Creative/Design/Production /
Hypebeast is a leading global platform for contemporary culture and lifestyle, and a premier destination for editorially-driven news and commerce. Founded in 2005, it became a publicly listed media company in 2016, and today boasts a global readership across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and more. The Group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, creative agency Hypemaker, and e-commerce and retail platform HBX.
We are looking for an intern to join our Media Team. The Social Media Intern will work closely with our Editorial Team and Creative Team to build compelling multi-media content across various social media channels, such as WeChat, RED, Douyin, etc.
- Brainstorm relevant social content ideas for HYPEBEAST.
- Specialize video content around the hottest products, fashion news, interviews, community happenings and events, city hotspots, etc., on the daily basis.
- Assist in creating various video assets for editorial and social channels.
- Research and compile good examples of social content executions from around the internet.
- Establish an eye for our aesthetics and writing for social media.
- Work closely with the Creative Team, the Editorial Team and the Sales Team to oversee the execution of social content especially videos.
- Liaise in between teams for social opportunities including giveaways, exclusives, social community building and more.
- A recent graduate or currently enrolled in university
- Studying or a degree holder in communication, media, marketing, design or related disciplines is a plus.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English as well as a native speaker in Mandarin.
- Have experience in creating social media content especially video content on RED, Douyin and WeChat Video Channel.
- Passionate about youth culture, fashion, sneakers, and other verticals covered by HYPEBEAST.
- Ability to work independently and not be afraid of providing solutions when there is a problem.
- Proactive and willing to learn with a positive attitude.
- Available to intern from Mon – Fri (10am to 7pm) for a 3 months period.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your CV, portfolio and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Shanghai. Candidate must be eligible to work in China.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.