Creative Project Manager
Los Angeles, New York /
HYPEBEAST – Creative/Design/Production /
Hypebeast Ltd. started from a sneaker website founded by Kevin Ma in 2005 to a publicly listed media company in 2016. With a total reach of over 44.6M users across all platforms, The media group boasts a global readership across Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and more, with the flagship platform available in five languages. The group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope in recent years, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, HBX, our e-commerce and retail platform, and Hypemaker, our global agency.
Hypebeast Ltd. has been featured in Forbes’ “Asia’s 200 Best Under A Billion” in 2020.
The Creative Project Manager will be reporting to the Global Creative Director and work closely in Project Management.
- Responsible for overseeing the entire life cycle of HYPEBEAST creative projects from initial planning, logistics, and calendaring, to execution on the ground if needed, and any post event and/or campaign reporting
- Work closely with the Global Creative Director, business teams and project teams to seek out project management support, feedback and exchange ideas
- Assess projects to determine level of priority as well as the resources and man-power required to ensure we are producing smoothly and efficiently
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to the project team/freelancers for each project
- Fiscal responsibility for executing contracts, processing invoices, managing and reconciling expense budgets with the ability to generate accurate financial reports reflecting revenue and expenses. Providing clear administrative documentation of all projects
- Develop project documentation including deliverable timelines, production schedules, and communication plans for internal and external parties
- Vet, appoint, and work closely with external vendors and suppliers to develop strong partnerships
- Maintain and grow a network of creative vendors, venues, freelancers, and industry connections for potential projects
- Drive results and ROI - Monitor and measure the success of all HYPEBEAST branded creative projects and evaluate results against company goals
- Support HYPEBEAST, creative teams, and project teams in maintaining and updating the global creative projects calendar
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders effectively to ensure that there is clear alignment across all parties
- Develop project templates and information libraries for long term reference by internal teams
- Oversee a wide range of creative individuals, both internal and external. Depending on the nature of the creative project, you could be managing web designers, UX designers, graphic designers, branding designers and more to ensure they get their creative tasks delivered on time and with quality. You’re project managing a team of individuals with different creative skills and levels of expertise, all working toward a single goal
- Organize work meetings with global and regional teams, record minutes, and organize actionable next steps and tasks to be delivered
- Communicate with cross-functional team members globally and regionally to ensure the strategic direction and the prioritization of creative projects are aligned
- Degree holder with 4+ years of solid work experience in project management in the creative and marketing industry
- Possess knowledge of concept ideation workflow, creative production, logistics, vendors, and the trend landscape for creative and marketing industry
- Experience preparing and managing budgets, managing vendors and adept at contract negotiation
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and run multiple concurrent project demands within established timelines and assessing situations
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with all levels of staff, management and external contacts
- Excel at relationship management, collaborating with colleagues and facilitating open communication
- Analytical and intellectually curious; consistently looking for opportunities to optimize the outcome and is able to propose possible solutions to any obstacles
- Understand the interests of each stakeholder involved, identify the root causes of any miscommunications so as to effectively re-align all parties for clarification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a must
The Creative Project Manager role salary typically ranges from $85,000 to $100,000, plus discretionary bonus compensation. Your actual compensation will be determined based on your skills, qualifications, and experience
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your cover letter, CV, portfolio and expected salary.
This position is based and located in New York or Los Angeles. Candidate must be eligible to work in United States
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.