HYPEBEAST – Creative/Design/Production /
Hypebeast is a leading global platform for contemporary culture and lifestyle, and a premier destination for editorially-driven news and commerce. Founded in 2005, it became a publicly listed media company in 2016, and today boasts a global readership across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and more. The Group has expanded its publishing brands to a wider scope, encompassing Hypebeast and its multiple content distribution platforms, creative agency Hypemaker, and e-commerce and retail platform HBX.
We are looking for a highly creative, skilled and agile Graphic Designer. The fast-paced nature of HYPEBEAST is amplified by the faster-paced nature of our media and social media channels, and requires candidates who can serve as an integral part of our growing Media Team. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for all the design outputs and exxecutions for both editorial and branded media content across all HYPEBEAST properties.
The Graphic Designer, working alongside the Creative Director of Media, will focus on assisting with creative media strategy and conceptual thinking for media and branded campaigns from a design POV across a variety of channels in China, including but not limited to social outlets (WeChat, Weibo, Red, Douyin & Bilibili), digital/web, print, video and experiential events, aligning them with HYPEBEAST overall media POV, visual aesthetics and creative visions.
The Graphic Designer will provide, execute and update the layout design for all platforms in China, working directly with the Creative Team, the Editorial Team and the Sales Team to help bring the content to life.
The role will also involve generating and tracking new design trends and needs, building and maintaining deep relationships external creative talents including but not limited to visual artists, designers, illustrators, animators, etc.
The Graphic Designer should have a firm understanding of HYPEBEAST aesthetics and brand power as a media and a terrific art sense in a wider youth culture landscape.
- Create, develop and execute design works that meet the needs of our editorial and branded content while maintaining and elevating HYPEBEAST brand aesthetics and creative outputs.
- Create, develop and edit platform-specific content with a focus on innovative, compelling storytelling to drive content quality and engagement.
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Team and the Media Team as a whole to contribute to concepts, briefs and to realize their design ideas.
- Analyze media and content design trends and anticipate opportunities, such as, adopting new platform features early, understanding of different media channels and their unique design methodology.
- Work across multiple projects at the same time and be able to produce high standards of finished works in a timely manner.
- Be self-motivated and hardworking and able to work independently.
- Work with the Creative Director of Media, being a key member in the Media Team, and challenging the status quo to strive for constant elevation of design languages.
- Maintain a superior knowledge of the latest design tools and technologies, as well as the youth culture trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, visual communications, marketing, or other equivalent professional experiences.
- 3 to 5 years of solid experience in a 360-degree design creation in a media or in a digital/content advertising agency or other similar experiences in a brand creative studio.
- Exceptional portfolio of digital design and creative production work.
- Solid, on-hand experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and other creative tools.
- Be highly creative and knowledgeable in different fields of aesthetic.
- Strong experience in design, creative and media production, including but not limited to photo shooting, video production, animation, etc., with a deep understanding of the design process and the application across mediums.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot technical and process related issues.
- AI, Illustration, motion graphic, animation, 3D rendering knowledge is a plus.
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail and both local and global perspectives on creative and youth culture and the know-how to leverage HYPEBEAST as a media brand to create values for our audience and brand partners.
- Good command of English and the proficiency of other languages within the APAC region is a plus.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please provide your CV, portfolio and expected salary.
This position is based and located in Shanghai. Candidate must be eligible to work in China.
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.