Software Engineer - Technical Services
Sofia, Bulgaria /
Customer Experience – Technical Services /
Hyperscience is transforming the future of work to elevate human potential. Our human-centered approach to automation enables a new era of human and machine collaboration that delivers dramatically improved organizational agility, without the legacy cost and burden of change management. By combining data, people, and processes into digital assembly lines, the Hyperscience Platform turns complex processes into simple, configurable workflows. Our industry-leading machine learning technology continuously learns and evolves, to involve humans only when needed. For more information, please visit www.hyperscience.com.
The Software Engineer - Technical Services is responsible for producing modular extensions used in Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing platform.
The Software Engineer - Technical Services collaborates cross-functionally with client-facing and engineering counterparts to deliver client-requested functionality to on-premise and cloud-based solutions; contributing across the entire software development lifecycle including requirements definition, design, development, testing, deployment, and support.
The Software Engineer - Technical Services helps influence overall product functionality by identifying commonly requested extensions, and engineering code with an eye toward global reusability. Their contributions are used to enhance the Hyperscience product and thereby our clients’ experiences.
Additionally, the Software Engineer - Technical Services acts as a point of escalation for customer technical issues, assuming Level 2 support responsibilities and addressing technical issues concerning client-requested functionality and issues requiring knowledge of the platform's underlying code base.
This is an exciting time for Hyperscience’s product, business, and people! Candidates for this position will have the opportunity to influence and deliver on a bold vision for transforming the way organizations model and execute their business processes.
We are looking for people who have a strong sense of team and want to collaborate effectively, and support each other's growth.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Experience, Sales, and Engineering to assess the needs of our clients
- Define, develop, and deploy technical components for existing client installations and new client implementations
- Document technical components ensuring that a high degree of visibility, knowledge, and ease of support is achieved throughout your cross-functional partnerships
- Maintain a high level of product quality and performance by writing automated tests and performing thorough code and design reviews
- Contribute to the success of the Technical Services department by suggesting enhanced procedures and best practices that improve operational efficiency when directed
- Support our Customers and Partners by acting as a Level 2 support professional, developer advocate/consultant, and participating in the 24/7 support on call duty for production down tickets.
- At least three years of application engineering experience
- Knowledge of Python, Java, or other contemporary general-purpose languages
- Comfortable learning and implementing new technologies and patterns
- Adept at transforming client functional requirements into software
- Track record of shipping high-quality, performant code
- Willingness to mentor junior engineers and guide best practices
- Familiarity with Linux distributions and cloud-native technologies a plus
- Experience customizing enterprise solutions a plus
- Experience with Level 2 technical/customer support a plus
Benefits & Perks
- You’ll work with some of the best machine learning, software, and test engineers in one of the most innovative tech companies in Sofia
- Work from home flexibility
- Monthly reimbursement on internet expenses
- Monthly budget to cover child care expenses
- Up to 6 months of fully paid parental leave used within 3 years of your child’s birth
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A great office, with excellent location
- Auto assistant for your car
- A sports card, covering various options for sport
- Additional health insurance package, including extensive medical, dental & vision care
- Truly competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Referral bonus
All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.