Machine Learning Engineer
At HyperScience, we use modern machine learning to turn documents into machine-readable data. Our customers receive a wide variety of documents, like life insurance applications, paystubs, utility bills, insurance claims, that must be processed quickly and accurately to better serve the people at these organizations, and their customers. Amazingly, this is all done manually today. We’re on a mission to change that!
Our product is already delivering value to large, blue-chip organizations in financial services and insurance, and we see a massive opportunity to expand to more industries and automate more business processes. We are looking for people who are excited to help us build upon this foundation and vision.
Founded in 2014 by Peter Brodsky, Vladimir Tzankov, and Krasimir Marinov, Hyperscience has raised $50 million from Third Kind, SV Angel, The Stripes Group, Firstmark, Battery Ventures, and Felicis Ventures.
We are focused on understanding document images and extracting structured data. This naturally leads us to solve a number of problems in machine perception and natural language understanding. ML is at the core of what we do. We turn ML lab experiments into enterprise-ready AI solutions - and we’re looking for continuous learners to work on these efforts. This is an opportunity to work on the full lifecycle of an ML solution - you will research cutting edge techniques, implement them in a fast-growth AI startup environment, and ensure thеy are integrated in a reliable and scalable way to bring real value to customers. Furthermore, you’ll provide opportunities for these models to be automatically retrained and get smarter over time!
- Following AI/ML research and apply it to create technologies for automating cumbersome business work like data entry.
- Bringing algorithms and models research into practice.
- Helping integrate the state of the art into HyperScience’s products.
- Owning ML models end-to-end, from collecting training data to deploying in production.
- Responsible for the quality and ongoing evaluation of the ML models.
- Working closely with the application teams to successfully integrate models into our product.
- Collaborating with other engineers to build common tools for accelerating ML research internally.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Solid understanding of Math and CS fundamentals.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of modern ML/DL technologies (experience applying ML to real-world projects is a plus).
- Experience in Computer Vision or NLP is a plus.
- Able to perform applied research projects and bring them to production.
- Experience with one or more general purpose languages (Java, C/C++, Python, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality code is an advantage.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- You’ll work with some of the best machine learning, software and test engineers in one of the most innovative tech companies in Sofia
- Professional development budget
- Real work-life balance and 30 days PTO
- A great office, with excellent location
- Massages at the office by a professional massage therapist
- Auto assistant for your car
- Catered lunches and afternoon breakfasts
- A great variety of snacks and drinks (so you’ll need...)
- ...A sports card, covering various options for sport
- Additional health insurance package, including extensive medical, dental & vision care
- Truly competitive salary
- Referral bonus
All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.