Deployments / DevOps Engineer (NYC)
New York, NY
HyperScience translates human-readable content into machine-readable data, freeing our customers from their reliance on manual data entry and allowing them to do business better, faster, and cheaper. We build products that are drop-in replacements for existing manual business processes. There are no lengthy integration periods and no steep learning curves. Customers do not need to change anything about how they operate, nor do they need to understand anything about artificial intelligence in order to benefit from our suite of work automation products.
We are hiring a Deployments & DevOps Engineer in NYC for our Deployments Engineering team. The team is responsible for packaging and integrating our product to our customers, with the ultimate goal of self-service. As a member of this team, you'll own the process of bundling our application into a fault-tolerant deliverable that can interact with a multitude of client environments. You'll serve as the external face of HyperScience engineering, and you'll work with customers and our product team to guide our entire roadmap.
What You'll Achieve:
- Create technology to make the client deployment and integration process as seamless and simple as possible.
- Work with technologies like Docker, Ansible, Terraform, and CI/CD platforms. Of course, we rely heavily on tried and true technologies like bash scripting, *nix, etc.
- Ensure reliability, scalability, and performance for all our deployments and environments, both internally and externally.
- Participate in client conversations about our technology and deploying our software into private data centers.
- Advise both our engineering team and our clients about best practices for architecting solutions to make HyperScience maximally perform.
- Help drive the roadmap of the product based on conversations and experiences with real clients. Identify blind spots and shortcomings in our current product and offer solutions for solving them.
- You love analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You are comfortable interacting with external clients to troubleshoot issues and collaborate on solutions for deploying the HyperScience application.
- You have deep experience with Docker
- You have extensive knowledge Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) and networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, iptables, network topologies and hardware, SDN).
- You have deep experience modern configuration management and orchestration software
- You are comfortable using at least one programming language like Python, Go, C++, Java, Ruby, and shell scripting languages.
- You're familiar with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and health coverage
- Meaningful equity
- 401k with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Choice of hardware
- Gym membership
- Daily lunch
- A variety of snacks and drinks
- The ability to change the landscape of office work
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
- HyperScience does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at HyperScience prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. HyperScience is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
HyperScience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HyperScience complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.