Sr Software Engineer- Site Reliability (NYC)
New York, NY
At HyperScience we bring AI to the enterprise. Our products help enterprises and government institutions function by automating certain kinds of office work and reducing bureaucratic burden both on businesses and their customers. We take a heterogeneous approach to AI, using a blend of what are traditionally considered different fields of ML: deep learning, computer vision, and NLP among others. We believe that AI is destined to be the biggest event in the history of human labor since the Industrial Revolution, and we want to be a part of it.
We're looking to hire our first Site Reliability Engineer in NYC. We're looking for people who are hybrid systems and software engineers who are responsible and take ownership for reliability, automation, and other issues related to 'keeping the lights on.' SREs are integrated within the core engineering team and we're looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing infrastructure software, maintaining it, and scaling it.
What You'll Achieve:
- You'll ensure reliability, scalability and performance. You will tackle problems relating to critical services and prevent problem recurrence.
- Creating and managing build/deployment pipelines for continuous integration and continuous delivery to improve the quality and availability of business products.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Working with technologies like Docker, Terraform, Prometheus and more.
- You love analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You have extensive knowledge of networking and operating systems (e.g. processes, threads, concurrency).
- You are comfortable using at least one programming language like Python, Go, C++, Java, Ruby, and scripting languages like Shell and Perl.
- You're familiar with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN).
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and health coverage
- Meaningful equity
- 401k with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Choice of hardware
- Gym membership
- Daily lunch
- A variety of snacks and drinks
- The ability to change the landscape of office work
HyperScience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HyperScience complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.