Senior Software Engineer - Backend
New York City - NY, Remote /
Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 150 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
We're looking to grow our Engineering Team with the addition of a Senior Backend Engineer.
As a Senior Backend Engineer You Will Be:
- Wrapping ML modules in reusable application components, which can be integrated in different configurations depending on the specific customer’s needs.
- Leveraging your systems knowledge to deliver fast and scalable software, starting from the design of the system through development and extension.
- Designing easy-to-use programmer interfaces and tools that will be leveraged by other developers, including APIs for our clients' developers.
- Creatively solving problems even when the initial answer is unclear.
- Helping improve our code quality by writing unit tests and performing thorough code reviews.
- Assessing where the optimization efforts should go in order to utilize better the ML components and know-how of the company.
- Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience solving backend software engineering problems.
- Experience in building web-scale and/or enterprise-grade systems in different environments.
- Strong ability to reason about data structures, complexity, and possible engineering approaches to a problem.
- Experience with Python / Django is preferred, but experience with any mainstream language and framework is required.
- Experience with distributed systems is a huge plus.
- Experience with database systems, including SQL and/or NoSQL solutions is required.
- Strong background in data science and mathematics is a plus.
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git.
What You Will Achieve:
- Within your first 30 days:
- You will get acquainted and eventually be fully comfortable navigating the full codebase, the technology stack, the development processes and org structure within the company.
- You will learn the product and will make your first significant, user-impacting contributions to one of our products.
- You will get to know our ML domain, codebase, and practical applications.
- Within your first quarter and beyond:
- You will be an integral part of the team and a driven, focused self-starter who can navigate a certain amount of ambiguity, and who is not afraid to take a sizable chunk of functionality, analyze it, break it down, implement it and then assume ownership and responsibility over it.
- You will be taking an active role in discussions about possible solutions, different approaches, API designs and more.
Benefits & Perks
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Paid gym membership
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6 month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care and education stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child under the age of 21 or elderly dependent (maximum of $6,000 per month)
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.