New York, NY
At HyperScience, we use modern machine learning to turn documents into machine-readable data. Our customers receive a wide variety of documents, like life insurance applications, paystubs, utility bills, insurance claims, that must be processed quickly and accurately to better serve the people at these organizations, and their customers. Amazingly, this is all done manually today. We’re on a mission to change that!
Our product is already delivering value to large, blue-chip organizations in financial services and insurance, and we see a massive opportunity to expand to more industries and automate more business processes. We are looking for people who are excited to help us build upon this foundation and vision.
Founded in 2014 by Peter Brodsky, Vladimir Tzankov, and Krasimir Marinov, Hyperscience has raised over $48 million from SV Angel, The Stripes Group, Firstmark, Battery Ventures, and Felicis Ventures.
We’re looking for a talented designer who will own the end-to-end product design process. From whiteboarding to sketching, shipping, and iterating -- you’ll do it all. The role will require a great mesh of your creative and your rational side.
- Own all stages of design: partner with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to identify user problems, iterate quickly through possible solutions, validate decisions and ensure high-quality feature implementation
- Translate complex, high-level concepts into clean, intuitive and functional experiences
- Generate hypotheses and evaluate product and design decisions using both qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- Think through use cases and interactions, including happy paths and edge cases, to incorporate them into your deliverables
- Help shape our internal design system with consistency and efficiency in mind
- Advocate for exceptional design and design thinking across the organization
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns throughout various industries and platforms.
- +3 years experience in product design - SaaS or enterprise experience is a plus
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing clean, intuitive design and a strong eye for detail - examples of making complex workflow simple, beautiful, and elegant is a plus
- Demonstrated experience supporting the design process by creating qualitative research, user flows, wireframes, UI designs, prototypes, annotations and other deliverables
- Ability to balance creating the ideal user experience with business goals and time to market.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe CS, and prototyping tools
- Strong understanding of usability and design principles, in addition to typography, information hierarchy, interaction design color, and layout
- High level of empathy for nontechnical users, as well as engineers
- A desire to carve out your own role in a fast-moving, agile environment
- Team player with strong communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.