New York, NY
At HyperScience, we use machine learning to automate data entry work for large organizations so that they can serve their end-users better, cheaper, and faster. Our customers receive a wide variety of documents like life insurance applications, paystubs, utility bills, insurance claims etc -- today these have to be reviewed manually. We’re on a mission to change that. With deep experience in building machine learning backed products that deliver real value in the enterprise, we are leveraging the latest advances in deep learning technology to finally automate many of these manual processes.
Our product is already deployed and delivering value to large, blue-chip organizations in financial services and insurance -- we are looking for people who are excited to help us build upon this foundation and scale our product to many more customers.
We’re looking for a talented designer who will own the end-to-end product design process. From whiteboarding to sketching, shipping, and iterating -- you’ll do it all. The role will require a great mesh of your creative and your rational side.
- Own all stages of design: partner with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to identify user problems, iterate quickly through possible solutions, validate decisions and ensure high-quality feature implementation
- Translate complex, high-level concepts into clean, intuitive and functional experiences
- Generate hypotheses and evaluate product and design decisions using both qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- Think through use cases and interactions, including happy paths and edge cases, to incorporate them into your deliverables
- Help shape our internal design system with consistency and efficiency in mind
- Advocate for exceptional design and design thinking across the organization
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns throughout various industries and platforms.
- +3 years experience in product design - SaaS or enterprise experience is a plus
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing clean, intuitive design and a strong eye for detail - examples of making complex workflow simple, beautiful, and elegant is a plus
- Demonstrated experience supporting the design process by creating qualitative research, user flows, wireframes, UI designs, prototypes, annotations and other deliverables
- Ability to balance creating the ideal user experience with business goals and time to market.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe CS, and prototyping tools
- Strong understanding of usability and design principles, in addition to typography, information hierarchy, interaction design color, and layout
- High level of empathy for nontechnical users, as well as engineers
- A desire to carve out your own role in a fast-moving, agile environment
- Team player with strong communication skills
HyperScience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HyperScience complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.