Head of Security
New York, NY
At HyperScience we develop and deliver intelligent solutions to automate manual document processing for global financial services, insurance, healthcare, and government organizations. Founded in 2014, our solution extracts handwritten, cursive and printed typed text at better-than-human levels of accuracy and automation that get better over time. By streamlining operations and reducing the costs associated with data entry, we enable some of the world’s largest companies to improve customer service and drive new business opportunities.
With more than $50 million raised to date, we’re growing quickly and looking for individuals to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Reporting to the executive leadership team, the Head of Security at HyperScience will be the driving force and trusted advisor in this space for the company. You will lead cybersecurity initiatives that enable safe, secure digital business operations by collaborating with all business units, in particular IT, engineering, operations and HR. You will implement standards and maintain compliance with SOC 2 and HIPAA.
You will audit each department’s practices and create & implement the strategy and tactics that will help us reduce risk as we scale.
- Build our short and long term information security strategy as well as tactically set objectives and create initiatives that move us towards that ultimate vision
- Develop pragmatic policies and security solutions, where every individual is aware of standards and collectively work together to uphold them
- Review logs, processes, role descriptions, access levels, policies and training programs with the aim of reducing risk
- Evangelize changes to policies and procedures on a regular basis to create broad alignment among employees and leaders
- Develop and roll out improvements to firewalls, mobile device management, endpoint security, email security and data protection in partnership with IT and DevOps.
- Provides leadership, technical expertise and administrative support for the development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs for the company.
- Accomplish business security goals while minimizing the impact on employees’ productivity and happiness
- 8+ years of experience in the information security field; 4+ years in a strategic leadership role
- Experience drafting security policies and driving pragmatic information security strategy at a growing company, including conducting security training, rolling out process improvements and counseling leadership around security risks
- A track record of forging partnerships with and presenting to key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions
- Comfort with reviewing web and cloud based architectural designs
- Experience prioritizing initiatives and communicating ROI
- The ability to thrive in a startup environment
Benefits & Perks
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosisA 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Paid gym membership
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A child care and education stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinksBudget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.