New York, NY
At HyperScience, we use machine learning to automate data entry work for large organizations so that they can serve their end-users better, cheaper, and faster. Our customers receive a wide variety of documents like life insurance applications, paystubs, utility bills, insurance claims etc -- today these have to be reviewed manually. We’re on a mission to change that. With deep experience in building machine learning backed products that deliver real value in the enterprise, we are leveraging the latest advances in deep learning technology to finally automate many of these manual processes.
Our product is already deployed and delivering value to large, blue-chip organizations in financial services and insurance -- we are looking for people who are excited to help us build upon this foundation and scale our product to many more customers.
HyperScience is seeking an accomplished Sales leader to scale our 10-person sales team. We are looking for somebody with experience scaling revenue and building a go-to-market machine at enterprise software startups. With a superior product and a set of happy early customers already under our belt, this role is the key to us succeeding as a business. This person will be responsible for both scaling our team through hiring, training, and managing a team of Enterprise Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives and scaling our processes to support them.
What you'll achieve within 30 days
- Gain familiarity with our target customers, product, and current sales process;
- Get to know existing members of our sales team, their strengths, weakness, and goals;
- Take a fresh set of eyes to refining our standard pitch, work with our marketing team to refine the materials, and roll out changes to the team
- Learn the ins and outs of our technology to be credible with our technical customers
What you'll achieve within 90 days
- Design and implement reporting dashboards for managing the team, forecasting sales, and providing update on sales progress to the rest of the organization
- Use metrics to diagnose the bottlenecks in our sales process and roll out improvements to speed up our sales cycle
- Roll out a training program for continued improvement of our sales team
- Refine and fine tune the sales process based on metrics
- Grow the team and structure it as you see fit for our organization
What you'll achieve within 6 months and beyond
- Collaboratively set and execute on the long-term vision for the sales team and contribute to the strategy of the company
- Partner with Marketing and Customer Success to accelerate our overall go-to-marketing efforts
- Provide feedback to Product from the market to help inform our long-term expansion strategy
- Refine the compensation plans for the team to ensure fair and effective incentives that align with company strategy
- 10+ years Sales experience, with past experience growing sales teams at Series A and Series B startups;
- Track record of leading sales teams in enterprise software and demonstrated followership amongst your teams
- Proven ability to hire in a startup environment Demonstrated ability to sell a complex, technical product
- Ability to internalize the realities of a new market and company and adjust both tactics and strategy appropriately.
- Willingness and ability to perform both strategic and tactical / operational tasks;
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and health coverage
- Meaningful equity
- 401k with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Gym membership
- Daily lunch
- A variety of snacks and drinks
- The ability to change the landscape of office work
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
- HyperScience does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at HyperScience prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. HyperScience is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
HyperScience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HyperScience complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.