New York, NY
At HyperScience, we use modern machine learning to turn documents into machine-readable data. Our customers receive a wide variety of documents, like life insurance applications, paystubs, utility bills, insurance claims, that must be processed quickly and accurately to better serve the people at these organizations, and their customers. Amazingly, this is all done manually today. We’re on a mission to change that!
Our product is already delivering value to large, blue-chip organizations in financial services and insurance, and we see a massive opportunity to expand to more industries and automate more business processes. We are looking for people who are excited to help us build upon this foundation and vision.
Founded in 2014 by Peter Brodsky, Vladimir Tzankov, and Krasimir Marinov, Hyperscience has raised over $48 million from SV Angel, The Stripes Group, Firstmark, Battery Ventures, and Felicis Ventures.
HyperScience is seeking an accomplished Sales leader to scale our 10-person sales team. We are looking for somebody with experience scaling revenue and building a go-to-market machine at enterprise software startups. With a superior product and a set of happy early customers already under our belt, this role is the key to us succeeding as a business. This person will be responsible for both scaling our team through hiring, training, and managing a team of Enterprise Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives and scaling our processes to support them.
What you'll achieve within 30 days
- Gain familiarity with our target customers, product, and current sales process;
- Get to know existing members of our sales team, their strengths, weakness, and goals;
- Take a fresh set of eyes to refining our standard pitch, work with our marketing team to refine the materials, and roll out changes to the team
- Learn the ins and outs of our technology to be credible with our technical customers
What you'll achieve within 90 days
- Design and implement reporting dashboards for managing the team, forecasting sales, and providing update on sales progress to the rest of the organization
- Use metrics to diagnose the bottlenecks in our sales process and roll out improvements to speed up our sales cycle
- Roll out a training program for continued improvement of our sales team
- Refine and fine tune the sales process based on metrics
- Grow the team and structure it as you see fit for our organization
What you'll achieve within 6 months and beyond
- Collaboratively set and execute on the long-term vision for the sales team and contribute to the strategy of the company
- Partner with Marketing and Customer Success to accelerate our overall go-to-marketing efforts
- Provide feedback to Product from the market to help inform our long-term expansion strategy
- Refine the compensation plans for the team to ensure fair and effective incentives that align with company strategy
- 10+ years Sales experience, with past experience growing sales teams at Series A and Series B startups;
- Track record of leading sales teams in enterprise software and demonstrated followership amongst your teams
- Proven ability to hire in a startup environment Demonstrated ability to sell a complex, technical product
- Ability to internalize the realities of a new market and company and adjust both tactics and strategy appropriately.
- Willingness and ability to perform both strategic and tactical / operational tasks;
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and health coverage
- Meaningful equity
- 401k with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Gym membership
- Daily lunch
- A variety of snacks and drinks
- The ability to change the landscape of office work
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
- HyperScience does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at HyperScience prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. HyperScience is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.