Senior Front End / Full Stack Engineer
Portugal - Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
Hyperscience is transforming the future of work to elevate human potential. Our human-centered approach to automation enables a new era of human and machine collaboration that delivers dramatically improved organizational agility, without the legacy cost and burden of change management. By combining data, people, and processes into digital assembly lines, the Hyperscience Platform turns complex processes into simple, configurable workflows. Our industry-leading machine learning technology continuously learns and evolves, to involve humans only when needed. For more information, please visit www.hyperscience.com.
We're looking to grow our Application Engineering team with the addition of a Senior Full Stack/ Front End Software Engineer. You'll be implementing a modern enterprise web application, with a focus on quality and great user experience. Your contributions will drive the direction and success of our frontend codebase and the way our users interact with our software to solve a complex problem.
This role is open for the Document Extraction team led by a trio of Product Manager, Designer, and Engineering Director. This team owns a number of core platform functionality including ML-backed transcription, field location and table extraction.
- Within your first 90 days, you will dive deep into the technology of Hyperscience and gain a product understanding of what we’re building and why it's important for our customers. You will build various user-facing features that enable our users to automate and complete a complex number of workflows. You'll become deeply familiar with the UI of our system along with the UX and "plumbing" of our data flows. You'll do this in a collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers to achieve this goal.
- Within your first 6 months, you will have successfully managed a large-scale, end-to-end feature that interfaces with multiple teams and technologies. You will do this in an environment that prides itself on communication and process, with the acknowledgment that requirements are sometimes vague and subject to change. Along the way, you’ll proactively point out and fix bugs, infrastructure issues, and tech debt. Customers will delight in using your feature since it unlocks a critical need and majorly enhances the user's experience. You'll be comfortable working with our shared components and will become a code owner of a portion of these.
- After your first 2 quarters and beyond, you will have had an active voice in directing the technological and product future of our company. This includes suggesting best practices and making the case for new technologies for our bleeding-edge stack, working closely with product and design teams on creating new features, and developing them for whole-team use. You will own large pieces of the shared codebase and improve them as needs dictate (product, stability, functionality) while also proactively highlighting and fixing bugs/tech debt. You will be proud of the code and the product!
- Excellent command of CSS; we like PostCSS
- Passion for quality and attention to consistency. You write tests for your code.
- Desire to work closely with product managers and designers in building highly interactive and intuitive web apps
- Deep understanding of "building blocks" of the web: HTTP/S, APIs, REST, JSON, etc.
- Ability to discuss and defend an engineering approach, but also to fully commit and participate in an alternate approach as part of the team.
Benefits & Perks
- Work from home
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- Monthly budget to cover child care and educational needs/expenses
- Up to 6 months of fully paid parental leave
- Wellness stipend
- Health insurance package for yourself and dependants
- A dedicated budget to set your work from home space & monthly reimbursement on recurring expenses
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- Meal allowance
- Truly competitive salary
- Stock options
- Referral bonuses
All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.