Director of Talent Development
New York City - NY, Remote /
Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 140 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
Hyperscience is looking for its first Director of Talent Development to join our People team. The Director of Talent Development will build and lead the function that will unlock the potential of Hyperscience’s people, allowing them to reach new levels of performance and achieve their career goals. This role will report to the VP of People, and will partner closely with business leaders across all functions.
The People team enables Hyperscience to thrive by empowering our people to become their best. The team is split into four verticals: Employee Experience, People Operations, Recruiting, and Talent Development.
- Build a world-class Talent Development program and learning culture from the ground up
- Design, roll out, and manage developmental opportunities at scale for our employees, managers, and leaders, including a wide range of innovative learning, coaching, and mentorship initiatives
- Manage talent processes that foster a growth mindset, drive high performance, and maintain a feedback-enabled culture (e.g., performance management program, feedback cycle, talent calibration and promotion process)
- Support team development and performance through offsite design and facilitation
- Ensure all employees know how to grow at Hyperscience through the design and definition of career paths with clear expectations and experiences for each level
- Create materials, tools, and resources for all things Talent Development at Hyperscience
- Measure impact & effectiveness, and identify insights that will drive continuous improvement; start to assess and predict needs as the business grows
- Collaborate with the People team and business leaders, and be a trustworthy supporter of the business
- Strong background in content design, as well as planning and facilitation of training programs for employees
- Experience building and rolling out talent solutions in a fast-paced or high-growth environment, preferably in tech or similar environment, and at a company with a large regional or global scale
- A team player and a “can-do attitude” with the ability to forge great relationships within and outside the People team
- Previous people management and development experience
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Experience in talent development systems and implementation of those systems
- Meticulous attention to detail and a strong commitment to getting things done
- Experience in adapting various types of programs for different personalities, levels, and backgrounds
- A love of learning and a passion for helping others grow and develop
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple concurrent projects
- Very strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to participate in calls across time zones as needed
Benefits & Perks
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Paid gym membership
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6 month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A child care and education stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.