Software Engineer- Machine Learning (NYC)
New York, NY
At HyperScience we bring AI to the enterprise. Our products help enterprises become more productive, efficient, and competitive by automating various types of office work and reducing bureaucratic burden both on businesses and their customers. We take a heterogeneous approach to AI, using a blend of what are traditionally considered different fields of ML: deep learning, computer vision, and NLP among others. We believe that delivering AI to the enterprise is the key to unlocking new applications of human potential, and we are excited to execute on our plan to do so.
ML is at the core of what we do. We productize ML lab experiments into enterprise-ready AI solutions - and we’re looking for continuous learners to lead these efforts. This is an opportunity to both research cutting edge ML techniques and to implement them at a fast-growth AI startup.
As a Machine Learning Engineer You Will:
- Follow AI/ML research and apply it to create technologies for automating office work.
- Take your models and algorithms from research to practice helping integrate them into our products.
- Take ownership of your ML models end-to-end from collecting training data to getting working models.
- Participate in scientific conferences on behalf of the company.
- Collaborate with other engineers to build common tools for accelerating ML research internally.
- PhD in a relevant field (CS, engineering, etc) or equivalent hands-on experience (i.e. BA/BS/MS with relevant work experience).
- In-depth understanding of Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), or Computer Vision
- Proficiency in Tensorflow/PyTorch and/or other deep-learning frameworks is an advantage.
- Good understanding of linear algebra, analysis, probability and statistics fundamentals
- Experience with one or more general purpose languages (Java, C/C++, Python, etc)
- Good understanding of low-level fundamentals of computer systems.
- Desire to carve out your own role in a fast-moving, agile environment
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and health coverage
- Meaningful equity
- 401k with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Choice of hardware
- Gym membership
- Daily lunch
- A variety of snacks and drinks
- The ability to change the landscape of office work
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
- HyperScience does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at HyperScience prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. HyperScience is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
HyperScience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HyperScience complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.