Software Engineer- Machine Learning (NYC)
New York, NY
At HyperScience we bring AI to the enterprise. Our products help enterprises and government institutions function by automating certain kinds of office work and reducing bureaucratic burden both on businesses and their customers. We take a heterogeneous approach to AI, using a blend of what are traditionally considered different fields of ML: deep learning, computer vision, and NLP among others. We believe that AI is destined to be the biggest event in the history of human labor since the Industrial Revolution, and we want to be a part of it.
ML is at the core of what we do. We productize ML lab experiments into enterprise-ready AI solutions - and we’re looking for continuous learners to lead these efforts. This is an opportunity to both research cutting edge ML techniques and to implement them at a fast-growth AI startup.
- Actively follow advancements in AI and create ML models
- Improve existing ML models: everything from tweaking the dataset to replacing the approach with a demanding end-to-end (deep learning) solution
- Assess the risks and merits of different approaches to solving a problem in the light of the specific requirements and time frame
- Develop production-ready software with fast and efficient algorithms .
- Actively work on creating and improving tools to parallelize training of the models, unifying dataset creation and accuracy measurements across experiments
- Closely monitor the edge cases of the models performance and taking active measures of explaining the reasons and possible approaches for diminishing their effects
- Be actively involved in the process of productizing a lab experiment into an enterprise-ready AI solution
- BA/BS in a relevant field (CS, engineering, etc) or equivalent hands-on experience
- Background in Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), or Computer Vision
- Strong coding ability. While theoretical knowledge of algorithms is appreciated, it is also important that you're able to write clean, efficient code.
- Strong software engineering skills. You should have a strong sense of how to distill application requirements into clean and testable APIs and enjoy the craft of writing great software. Experience in deploying software at scale is a plus.
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related technical field is highly valued
- Proficiency in Tensorflow and/or other deep-learning frameworks
- Fluency in linear algebra, probability and statistics fundamentals
- Experience with one or more general purpose languages (Java, C/C++, Python, etc)
HyperScience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HyperScience complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.