Senior Legal Counsel
New York City, NY /
Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 250 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
Hyperscience is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join our Legal team. The Senior Legal Counsel will be involved in all aspects of delivering legal services to the company. You will report to Hyperscience’s Head of Legal, and also work collaboratively with members of the sales, operations, marketing, partnership and finance teams.
- Work closely with the business to draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including end user and SaaS software licenses, SOWs, strategic partnership and software reseller agreements, vendor and professional services agreements
- Provide regular advice on global regulations concerning software licensing and distribution; manage regulatory compliance and due diligence
- Advise on privacy/data management issues relating to third party data flow; assure that contracts reflect the Company’s operations and are compliant with privacy requirements and controls
- Supervise and coordinate with local counsel on employment, IP, and commercial matters
- Assist with preparation of legal learning materials and presentations to internal stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement in Legal Operations to create efficient, scalable processes as the company enters hypergrowth mode
- Support our Head of Legal in building out and managing a well-trained, versatile, and high-performing Legal Department
- Strong credentials are a must
- 6+ years of legal experience required; at least two years of in-house experience at a cloud-based software company and/or advising external clients on commercial technology transactions highly preferred
- Significant experience advising corporate clients on key aspects of cross-border commercial transactions, licensing arrangements, and/or strategic partnerships
- Familiarity with U.S. and EU data privacy laws
- Willingness and ability to work autonomously with limited direction to drive high value projects to completion
- High emotional intelligence and ability to communicate confidently, with a knack for explaining complex legal concepts to non-lawyers in plain English
- Friendliness, flexibility, and a sense of humor and resiliency when managing multiple priorities and working under tight deadlines
- Admission to practice in New York; CA or patent bar admission a plus
- Strong interest in helping companies adopt enterprise technologies, particularly AI and Machine Learning
- Knowledge of IDP, RPA, and adjacent spaces is a strong plus
- Language skills sought-after and relevant, especially French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Russian and Arabic
- Experience with procurement for state/federal agencies, and/or federal security clearance very valuable
- Prior experience with commercial leases
- Proficiency with Ironclad, Carta, Salesforce, advanced Excel functions, and Google Suite an advantage
- Demonstrated commitment to team excellence and advancing ethics and equity in the legal profession
- Clerkship experience appreciated
- M&A, joint venture, and/or venture capital financing experience
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
For Sofia/UK roles: All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.