Kingsburg, CA /
Technology Team /
At HyperSpectral, we are revolutionizing the way spectral data is unlocked through cutting edge AI/ML technologies, enabling the rapid detection of bacteria, viruses, contaminants and other hazardous substances with unprecedented speed and accuracy. Our innovative solutions are transforming industries, providing critical decision support orders of magnitude faster than existing alternatives. As a rapidly expanding company, our exceptional co-founder team brings together top scientific, technological, and management expertise, boasting decades of success in driving technologies from concept to implementation. We are seeking driven, talented individuals to join our ambitious journey and contribute to shaping the future of spectral data analysis. The Lab Technician will assist Hyperspectral Scientists and Data Analytics team with sample preparations and data collections and ground truth curation in support or customer specific ML/AI application developments. The Laboratory Technician will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Prepare serial dilutions of microorganisms
- Create and maintain organized spreadsheets of the collected data
- Collect spectral data of requested samples
- Comply with safety standards of a BSL-2 laboratory
- Completed or actively pursuing a degree in biological or physical sciences
- Excellent written, verbal, and technical communicator
- Able to work well with diverse and remote teams
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, organizational skills and a strong work ethic
- Familiarity with use, terminology and equipment used in a laboratory facility
- Ability to work independently and to be a self-starter
- Able to manage work to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with the food testing industry and understanding of big data, data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning is a plus
- Ability to operate in a fast paced startup environment and adapt to changing business needs
$25 - $25 an hour
HyperSpectral staff is remote. However, the data collections are currently occurring at a commercial lab in Kingsburg, CA. The company's key personnel are located in the Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA, Austin, TX and Los Angeles, CA areas.
HyperSpectral is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.