Software Engineer Threat Modeling
Pittsburgh, PA, US /
Infrastructure Software – Cyber-Security /
The Hyundai-Aptiv Autonomous Driving Joint Venture develops world class production-ready autonomous driving systems. The joint venture leverages Hyundai Motor Group’s design, engineering, and manufacturing expertise and Aptiv’s autonomous driving solutions to commercialize an SAE Level 4 platform for robotaxi providers, fleet operators, and automotive manufacturers.
Headquartered in Boston, the Hyundai-Aptiv Autonomous Driving Joint Venture has operations in the US and Asia. An official name for the new joint venture will be unveiled soon!
Our Cybersecurity team is looking to add a software security engineer as we continue to improve the quality and security of our self-driving vehicle system. We are also open to hiring an experienced engineer enthusiastic about cross-training into Cybersecurity.
What you’ll get to work on:
- Work closely with cybersecurity team members to threat model our self-driving system, subsystems, and supporting infrastructure
- Enhance threat modeling processes to produce convincing evidence self-driving systems are reasonably free of security risk and that residual risks are managed
- Consult with teams to provide solutions to remediate or mitigate uncovered deficiencies
- Document and communicate security findings and associated risks to a broad audience
- Positively influence the design of self-driving vehicles to enhance security
Education and Experience we want from you:
- BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or equivalent knowledge and work experience
- Working knowledge of API security, cryptographic primitives, and common network security protocols
- Experience effectively communicating deficiencies to engineering teams
- Experience working with C++ in an embedded context
- Experience collecting requirements and creating software designs
Bonus points for having experience with:
- 2+ years of professional experience in application security, software architecture, or software engineering
- Threat modeling
- Safety standards (ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 5012X, DO-178B/C, etc.)
- Working in a regulated industry
- Yocto, QNX or other embedded systems
- Secure coding
- Systems engineering
Hyundai-Aptiv AD LLC is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.