Full Stack Engineer
ibble is reinventing how people have digital conversations and engage with ideas that matter most to them.
Check out the ibble mobile application in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. You can also view videos of our application on our website - www.getibble.com/features
ibble is seeking a Full Stack Engineer to join our rapidly-growing engineering team. At ibble, we are reinventing the way that people have digital conversations and engage with content that matters most to them. As a member of the engineering team, you will play a key role in laying the foundation of our social platform as we continue to grow our community of creators and content consumers.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be living up to your title; working across our cutting-edge mobile and web-apps, as well as our backend and infrastructure, you'll be responsible for taking features all the way from concept through implementation, testing, and deployment. We pride ourselves on quickly iterating and building technical solutions to tackle the challenges of our product. Each team member is expected to become an expert in their respective domain and be able to effectively communicate and quickly come up with solutions in a team-oriented setting.
Our Tech Stack
- React Native, with some Native code
What You Will Do
- You'll be working with a small, high-energy team in building a consumer-facing product that millions of people will use just like you.
- You will work directly with designers, product owners, and fellow engineers to help guide, build, instrument, and test the software being built. We believe that taking a data-driven approach to feature development and releases is core to creating better products and software.
- As a full-stack engineer, you will play a key role in building across our technology stack. From building components in our app to creating materialized views to serve data through our API, you'll be able to have direct control of feature sets and make a direct impact within the product.
- Our team is highly collaborative, and you'll also have the chance to provide feedback on everything from culture to architecture and team operations and the overall product.
Who You Are
- You have at least 4+ years of experience as a software developer, with at least 2 of those 4 years including client-side development experience (web or mobile applications).
- You are obsessed with clean code. You take pride in excellent class design and choosing the right level of abstraction. Tests are your best friend.
- You love keeping up with the latest developments in the mobile world. Two years ago, you were mad that Hooks for React hadn't been released yet.
- You're familiar with REST APIs. You immediately wrinkle your nose when you see POST /update_name.
- We prefer generalists over specialists and look for candidates with a history of pushing past their comfort zone and learning new things.
- You understand—and are excited to join—an early-stage company and have the opportunity to play a critical part in building the app and new features.