Lead Backend Engineer
ibble is reinventing how people have digital conversations and engage with ideas that matter most to them.
Check out the ibble mobile application in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. You can also view videos of our application on our website - www.getibble.com/features
ibble is seeking a Lead Backend Engineer to join our rapidly-growing engineering team. As a member of the engineering team, you will be working on building out and supporting our cutting-edge backend and infrastructure. We pride ourselves on quickly iterating and building technical solutions to tackle the challenges of our product. As a team lead, you will be expected to become an expert in your respective domain, as well as effectively communicate and reinforce best practices for your entire development team.
Our Tech Stack
- Functional programming
- Reactive programming
What You Will Do
- You'll be working with a small, high-energy team in building a consumer-facing product that millions of people will use.
- As a lead backend engineer, you will be a subject expert within your area of focus. You will play a key-role in building and maintaining our API gateways, deployment pipelines, and database architecture. You'll have direct control of feature sets and technical decisions and will be able to see the direct impact of your efforts within our product.
- You will work directly with product owners as well as lead/mentor fellow engineers.
- As part of your role, you will be expected to bring features through the entire software development lifecycle. You will be responsible for assessing feasibility and complexity, providing estimates and breaking features down into subtasks. You will then work with your team in contributing, reviewing, testing, and instrumenting elegant solutions to challenging problems.
- You will contribute directly to our product’s success through taking a data-driven approach to your work. From measuring the adoption of a feature to building out the support needed to run A/B testing, we believe that taking a first-principle approach to feature development and releases is core to building better products and software.
- Our team is highly collaborative, and you'll also have the chance to provide feedback on everything from culture to architecture and team operations, and the overall product.
Who You Are
- At least 6+ years of experience in an individual contributor, backend-focused role.
- At least 3-5+ years of experience working as a team lead or senior role with oversight of other individual contributors
- Strong understanding of relational databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, etc..
- Past professional experience in a strongly typed language, such as Java, C#, or Typescript.
- Past professional experience in server-side web application frameworks such as Express.js, NestJS, or Java Spring.
- Understanding and experience with reactive and functional programming paradigms such as RxJs or ReactiveX.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- We prefer generalists over specialists and look for candidates with a history of pushing past their comfort zone and learning new things.
- You understand—and are excited to join—an early-stage company and have the opportunity to play a critical part in building the app and new features.